Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dogs

Have you ever noticed that some animals look like their owners? Dogs, in particular. It can be seen in the coloring of the dog, but mostly is found in the expression and body shape. For instance, in the mornings I usually pass a woman walking (sometimes jogging) with her dog. The dog is a sleek, trim black dog and the woman is a tall and athletic with dark features. A few minutes later I pass a short, stocky man that is walking his two pudgy basset hounds. Coincidence? Do owners gravitate towards a dog that they can relate to? Or after a while, do you and your animal take on the characteristics of each other, such as sometimes happens with you and your spouse after a great deal of time being married. Just wondering.

I should also note that this doesn't apply to everyone that has a dog. I can think of many friends and family that don't look like their pets.

There has got to be some sort of name for this phenomenon.

No comments: