Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Sod and Jack in Berkeley
We have grass!!!!! I love it. Our sod arrived before the sun last Saturday, around 6:30am. By 9am, we had a crowdful of friends and family helping us out and less than 2 hours later, all our grass had been rolled out. I can't stop looking at it. I pray for it everyday and so does Reagan ("Please help our grass to grow," she says). I have nightmares of waking up to it being torn apart by raccoons or turning brown and dying on us. But we couldn't be more pleased with how it looks.
As you can see from the pics, we still have some small things to take care of (permanent edging, walkway and patios, bushes and shrubs), but the hardest part is over!

Earlier this month, we went to a Jack Johnson concert in Berkeley with friends. Speaking of grass, we were probably (along with the other 3 couples) the only ones in the entire theater not smoking it. Seats were uncomfortable, but the music was out of this world. I could listen to his songs all day and night. Matt mentioned that it isn't too often that you go to a concert where everyone is drunk and high and hear the performer talk and sing about how much he loves his wife and kids. It was awesome. Such a refresher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks awesome guys! It's a full blown football field in the back - Aaron would be so jealous :) Good work.
Wow good job on the grass. I think you two should get your own show on HGTV about DIY house remodeling! The kitchen post you did earlier was impressive. Jeff was jelous of Matt's cupboard building skills :)
-Passelly
Ooohhh, the grass looks so nice! Sorry about the raccoon nightmares. That was from me, huh? :)
Post a Comment