Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Eight

On the 28th of December, Matt and I celebrated 8 years of marriage! We went on a traditional "date night." Our good friends watched the kids for us while we went to eat in Walnut Creek, then saw Harry Potter. It is hard to believe that we have been married for that long. Time really has flown and what a great 8 years it has been. We have shared many many happy times and even struggled through some tough times that refined us and made us even stronger. I am happy to be married to my best friend.

My sweet Matt as a toddler and I see where Nolan gets his big grin :)
A goofy missionary :)
Are you seeing a theme to these pictures? My favorite thing about Matt is how he makes me laugh...literally everyday. Sometimes he teases me and I roll my eyes at him, pretending to be annoyed. But deep down, I just love it. I love that he looks at the bright side of things and always has a positive outlook. Wow, we look young here. Many years ago, when we were dating in college.
After almost 2 years of marriage, life took us out here to Concord. Before the children, I must say we lived it up.

This is us the day after we got engaged and I am rockin my ring. I remember sitting in chemistry class in the Benson building and watching how it sparkled in the auditorium lights. Life was good :)
Thanks for an amazing 8, Matt. Love, wife

No comments: