Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Some January Lovin

Wow. Today is one of those days where I remember why I live in California. Even with our school budget cuts, sucky real estate market and dramatic politics, it is nearly 70 degrees today. I registered my first born for kindergarten today. Surreal, I tell you! We had a picnic lunch outside, then both my kids took naps. Reagan has not napped forever. It has been nice. And here I am, blogging about it. The bond between bubs and sis continues to flourish. They really love each other. They fight like crazy and tears come, but in the end, the love is there.

Reagan climbed the wall at REI. This was a fun experience for her and if we had spent all day in the store, instead of just an hour, then she would have climbed over and over. I am glad I had my camera :) She was so proud of herself.

The train obsession with Nolan continues. He sleeps with his trains, he walks around all day with his trains, he plays with them. He calls them his "choo-choo's." He is normally a great sharer, but hates to share his beloved trains.
We took the kids to ride the steam train at Tilden Park. Nolan was a little scared at first, but he ended up enjoying it and the whole ride home was talk of "blah blah blah, choo-choo!"
We caught a great view on the way home from Tilden Park. This is a view of the bay bridge leading to San Francisco.
Matt scored a train table at clearance for 20 bucks at Target and it is now placed in my "formerly staged well" living room. Oh well :) The kids love playing in here and it is large. I always knew that my furniture would get pushed back for train tables and legos.
My dear friend Laura turned 30 and we kidnapped her and surprised her with a girls night out at Cheesecake Factory. It was a success and we had a great time with some equally great food! Yowza----the cheesecake is out of this world. I think I peed straight sugar for several days :)
We got new windows!!! This (along with our cheap bathroom makeover, which I will reveal another day) is the official completion of our home improvement process. Other than small projects here and there, we have upgraded it to our liking. We are spent (financially and physically) and are ready to just take it easy and build our lives and bank account back up. But don't they look nice :) Sometimes I find myself just staring off into the distance and I ask myself, "what am I staring at?" And I realize, "oh, its my windows!" They do look that good. Holla!


Last weekend a friend brought over a train set that her son never played with and she got it at a garage sale. I did not expect what she brought over to be the GeoTrax railroad set. Wow, my kids played ALL WEEKEND with it. The batteries are still going strong...
This is Nolan's smile when he says "CHEEEEEESE!"
It really has been a busy January. I am not used to this, as this is normally a slow, blues-y month for me. I got a new calling as Assistant Director of Stake YW Athletics, so now I am helping with volleyball every Saturday morning, through end of February. I also was asked to be the 3rd year leader for Girls Camp this summer. Oh and we are driving out to Utah with Laura (my 30 year old friend *wink, wink*) and her kids at the end of the month. Matt's dominating in ward basketball, and he is a happy camper. So February is not slowing down either. Life is good!

4 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

oh - 70's would be amazing! Live it up. House looks awesome. just wait, Kindergarten will be here before you know it. Time flies! Excited to see you in Feb.

Michael Family said...

Windows look great! Geo Trax rock. They are James's favorite toy ever since he was 2.

Laura said...

You may want to think twice about driving such a great distance with such an old fart! They are known to fall asleep without a moment's notice. Just make sure the bag-o-bones isn't driving during those snoozing moments. ;)

Thanks again for the great surprise kidnapping! It was so much fun!

Jeff said...

Windows look great! Passelly and I might be headed up for a day or two the second week in March if you'll have us.