I may have become a skimpy blogger these days, but lest you think that I have forgotten my beloved television shows, I will now blog about them. These last few weeks have been bittersweet, as I have watched some of the most exciting episodes of the season, yet have to say good-bye until the fall. Maybe I will forgo tv this summer and finally read Hunger Games. If not, I may pull a Harry Potter and see all the movies before I read the books :)
Four nights a week (Sun, T, W, Th) I prop myself in front of the boob tube to tune into all the greats, usually with a bowl of cold sugary cereal or graham crackers and milk. I have let go of my late night snack habit the last couple of weeks in an effort to make bathing suit season more pleasant. Matt usually tunes in with me.
To start our week off, The Amazing Race!! We have come to LOVE this show and this season was even more fun with old favorites returning. As always, I was a big fan of the cowboys, but they seemed to kind of give up at the end, or maybe it was their laid-back attitude? The happiest week of my life was when the goths went home. Could that kid be any whinier or babyish? DUDE! Watching him I felt like I was caught in between a Marilyn Manson music video and Richie Simmons workout. I actually didn't mind the pink haired girl. She put up with a lot from him and why she is "dating" him, I do not know. But I am so glad they left when they did.
The final 3 teams were so great! I loved watching it because I didn't have a huge pull towards any of the teams although I would have loved to see Zev and Justin win. Glad the girls won, too though.
My tuesdays ended a while ago with Parenthood finale back in April. I don't want to post too much info in case some readers haven't seen the final episodes. Not too many cliffhangers, but I am anxious to see what direction Adam takes. And see if Amber can change her act for good. And many others. I love this show simply for how real it feels. I can relate so much to the characters, especially Adam. Matt and I always quiz each other on who we think we are most like in the show and who the characters remind us of. I get mad when he says I am like anal Kristina or perfectionist Julia. I see myself as an Adam, though. He is trying to please everyone around him and sometimes it just gets to be too much and he loses it. He is trying to protect his kids and shelter them, but give them some freedom. Some of his choices would not exactly mirror my own, such as how he deals with Haddie and her boyfriend. But I relate to him on so many levels. I think Matt likes to think he is like the stay at home dad. And maybe like Crosby before the cheating.
Wednesday was a definite winner for me. Survivor was my favorite show this season. I started out feeling so dang bad for Matt! But when he chose not to "cross" Rob, I knew he didn't deserve to win anyways. You got to make some moves, buddy. Of the 3 finalists, Rob deserved it the most. The other 2 did nothing. Matt was rooting for Mike and I was just plain rooting for anyone from Zapatera. Probably the feminist Julie ;) Actually I really liked her. Our only beef was that Rob won the 100,000 dollars??? What the? They need to change it so that the million dollar winner does not win the other prize. Let's spread it out some, people. And of course, Modern Family. I only tuned into to see Phil and Claire. They made it worth it for me!
Thursday was my busiest night. I usually tuned into Vampire Diaries, but I have to admit I am a little bored with it right now. We will see what next season holds. Their better be some major Damon/Elena stuff. She and Stefan are so boring. And some Tyler/Caroline stuff. I love them together!! Lots of storylines in this one and that is probably why I keep coming back each week. Right after VD is The Office and Parks and Rec. Michael is gone and thankfully, Deangelo now. Anyone else think Deangelo was the Scranton Strangler? :):) I love Will Ferrell, but this was not a good role for him. It will be interesting to see who ends up as boss. The Creed bit last week was great. Finale tonight. Jim and Pam are boring, yes? And they are so annoying with their baby. Sorry, but true. If I was that annoying with Reagan, someone should have slapped me.
PR was a new favorite of mine. This season was so much better than last. Ron Swanson holds the show and I think they did a good job of developing the Leslie/Ben relationship. I think they actually could have dragged it out another season, though. We will see how next season holds up.
From my tv to yours, this is Lace signing out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment