Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mumford & Sons

There is only one band in the entire world that I would leave my 2 week old at home to go listen to and it is Mumford & Sons.  When Matt and I heard that they were coming to concert here, we vowed to go.  We even tried to win tickets off the radio (not a joke).  Then we heard the dates and pause....its 2 days after my due date.  Kind of sucky timing, but hey I am still really excited to have this baby, lol!  Tickets went on sale early April and the night before, we decided to just chance it and get tickets.  Maybe I would be overdue and go pregnant!!  Maybe he would come early and we could slip out with or without the baby (unlikely at the time). 

So Matt logged onto get tickets and snap, those bad boys sold out in less than a minute.  3 nights, 3 shows and they sold out before he had a chance to even hit a single key!  Oh well, all for the better, right?  After all, we had a baby to welcome!!

A group of friends of mine had tickets and I told them that while I was insanely jealous, I was glad they were going and please give me a nice report afterwards :)  A few days before the shows, my friend Rachel texted me that she and her husband couldn't go and would we like their tickets?  UMMMM....YES!!!  I thought I had died and gone to heaven right there. 

I think this was supposed to work out for us.  I know that sounds crazy, but everything fell into place.  My friend sold us their tickets, my mom just happened to be in town to watch the kids and Miles, while only 2 weeks old, had taken a bottle already of pumped milk.  And I had plenty of extra milk frozen.  I have never pumped regularly with any my kids or really given them a bottle.  But shortly after delivery, I had horrible bleeding and pain associated with nursing and I was forced to pump for 2 days and use a bottle.  I thought it was the end of the world at the time, but it turned out to be a blessing.  I would never have left Miles with anyone but my mom or Matt's mom and I would never have left him without knowing he would take a bottle.  It was fate--we were meant to go!!

We took BART and the bus into Berkeley to the Greek Theater.  We had lawn seats and if you have ever been to this venue, you already know that the lawn is very steep and you pretty much have to hold yourself from sliding down the hill the entire time.  Not comfy, but hey I will take it!! 

The band was amazing!!  They put on an amazing live show and the energy was astounding.  I wish that my mind was a video recorder and that I could rewatch it over and over, because I totally would.  I have found tons of uploaded videos from the concert on youtube and I attached a couple below.  The first is The Cave, which is the song that got me hooked on these guys in the first place.  The next is Dust Bowl Dance, which was the best song of the night.  They go crazy at the end!


If you haven't listened to their music, you are missing out friends!!  And if you have the chance to see them live, DO IT!!!! 

That is all :)

No comments: