Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Thanksgiving in Utah

We celebrated Thanskgiving in Utah this year. While in San Diego, Matt's grandfather passed away, so instead of driving home to NorCal, we instead took a detour to Utah and spent the rest of the holiday weekend there. In spite of the circumstances, it was great to see our families. We haven't spent a Thanksgiving with family in four years, so this was fun. Reagan was a delight on the 11 hour trip straight through to Utah and I drove with a lead foot, which truly is unusual for me, so we made it unscathed. The temperatures were COLD...not what I am used to anymore I guess. We were a little unprepared, with 4 days worth of clothing that consisted of jeans, shirts, and maybe a light jacket here or there.

Highlights of our feast include some delicious sweet potatoes that Lori made. And of course, the traditional spinach salad. The turkey was awesome, too and for the first time ever, I had cranberry sauce with it and it was really good!
The next day we had another feast at the Roundy household and the highlight of that was my dad's deep fried turkey. If you have never tried deep fried turkey, you are missing out.
Reagan's new dress. 9 bucks at Jc Penney, I am not kidding. I love this dress. I love her smile even more. Matt and Jeff's 'prom picture.' I don't know why they look pale in this photo.
I have been to Utah three times in the last three months and in three weeks, it will be my fourth time. In September, it was a huge reunion, October was like, "cool, your here again," and this time it was like, "oh...hey guys." I am sure for Christmas it will be like, "did you guys move back or something?" Too funny!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh my. Reagan looks sooooooo adorable in that puffy dress! Love it!

Wright Family said...

I totally helped pick out that dress. Too cute!!! Cant wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!

Melanie Hoopes said...

Reagan looks gorgeous in that dress!! Man, is so cute. We'll take you guys anytime we can and can't wait to see you guys for christmas!