Saturday, December 01, 2007

Photo shoot at La Jolla Cove

What better place to have your picture taken than the beach? Heck yeah, baby. Many other people had the same idea. Jenn was wonderful and took some photos of our family. There are these tiny tidepools with these scary white fish that are about the size of my fingernail. I HATE fish! Jenn was laughing because I would not step in the tidepools to enter further into the cove. Heck no, man.

Oh how Reagan loves to water. In a couple of years, she will be laughing right along with her dad at how I hate fish and other sea creatures. We could not keep her out of the freezing water and we ended up pulling her wet clothing off her and draping a blanket over on the way home.
I just want to add that my fear of fish is mostly limited to ugly fish. When Matt and I snorkeled in Hawaii, after about an hour of coaxing me into the water, I realized it wasn't TOO bad because these were pretty tropical fish. They look nice. The ugly fish, like the ones that my dad fishes out of the Weber River, are so dang ugly and scary looking. They just have this EVIL look in their eyes like they want to nibble your toes right off.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

I don't like sea creatures either, except for sharks. Have you ever seen those Discovery Channel shows when they go to the deepest parts of the ocean and find the wierdest fish? They're always the creepiest looking things...they freak me out too.

jeanine said...

It looks like you had a fun time! The family pics are great!

Brooke said...

Wow! You're so lucky that you live near the ocean. People laugh at you out here if you call the gulf coast the ocean. Great pictures!