Wednesday, January 16, 2008

18 months strong

This morning was Reagan's 18 month check up and she is still so healthy! Matt and I have quite the knack for producing linebackers, too, as her sweet doctor politely pointed out that she will do extremely well in sports. She is very strong and solid. Her weight is at 31 lbs and 15 oz, right where we thought it was. She is off the charts as far as percentile. I am not sure about her height, I just know that she is in the 50th for that. Her weight is really the only thing I pay attention to. She received two shots--Hep A and Chicken Pox--which left her screaming in tears. She struggled and kicked so much the the first leg prick came right out and the nurse had to stick her again. For the second time that morning, I had someone else tell me my daughter was "very, very strong." Reagan is actually almost 19 months (this week), but due to our insurance changing this year, this was the soonest I could get her in. We are so glad to be back on Kaiser, by the way. Last January, we switched over to cheaper insurance (a PPO) because Kaiser raised their rates. All was well, except for the fact that I had my medical year from hell. I have never had a PPO before, but I will never do it again. I received like 4 bills for one procedure or visit! There was a period of time where not a day went by that I didn't receive a bill of some sort in the mail. So when insurance time came up last month at Matt's work, we gladly switched back to our HMO.

What has my athletic 18 month old been up to? Well, she loves to wear her Snow White shoes around the house. She is so cute in them. I tried to get a video, but it didn't turn out well. She loves Little Einstein and will "pat-clap" on demand these days. She is talking and jabbering up a storm. Her vocabulary consists of: "mom " "dad" "I'm sorry" (she says that one like twenty times a day) "whats that?" "up" (sounds like "upp-ah"--thanks Lindsey!) "shoes" "soooooft" and "rooooooll"

The other day Matt made some waffles for us and Reagan loved them so much. It could have been that Matt is a wonderful cook or the fact that he put chocolate chips in them! All is well with Reagan!

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

The picture of her with her Snow White shoes is priceless. I love it...give her a big kiss from us all.

Gunn Family said...

What a little tank! She definetly got the Hartman genes! She is so cute! And what is with Matt cooking?? That is NOT the cousin I know! Ha Ha.

jeanine said...

She is so cute!

Ashlee said...

That picture of her in the Snow White shoes is so freakin' adorable! I just want to squeeze her! Love it!!

Emily said...

I miss that little sweetie. She is going to love the diaper and Snow White shoes picture someday - that will be a great one to show her boyfriends when they pick her up for dates.

Laura said...

She is ADORABLE! Oh so glad you found me and my blog! And SO glad I could read yours! Technology = awesome.

I have many stories to tell you about this new boy in my life, but they would take a very long time. I should really just email you this. BUT... he's from my stake back home, except we never met really, until the end of December last year and things just clicked, and fast. And they're still going really, really well. :)

Rachel said...

I have really enjoyed the Memory Keepers Daughter. I still have a hundred pages or so but so far it is really interesting and well written. I end up staying up late to read it which is pretty rare for me since I am a sleepaholic. enjoy!