Seriously, my thursday nights are lame now.
Matt and I felt the emptiness this last Thursday as we sat down to watch a re-run that we had probably already seen 30 times, only to find that it had been replaced by some lame reality show crap. Didn't the Donald have his 15 minutes of fame like 5 years ago? I am not dogging on those of you who may have tuned into it, but I really can't stand quality shows being replaced with D-list actors and actresses who are looking to make it big by pretending like what they are doing is reality t.v. when in reality they are acting and in real life, REALLY can't act.
I might have to get out my Season 2 of The Office and watch it over again.
If you are looking for some good laughs, 30 Rock and the older series Arrested Development provide similar comedy.
7 comments:
Ok, so you always talk about The Office, so this last season I tried to get into it. Just thinking about you, and sadly, I just don't get it? I want to laugh, but I am quite lost. I need to get Season 1 and watch it first I think!
Ruth, get season 1 (only 6 episodes), but then when you watch season 2, you will totally laugh at it! Season 2 is the best. Season 3 wasn't so hot and I tried to get my family into it, but they also didn't really get it. Honestly, the first 2 are great!
Lacy, I know exactly how you are feeling. Jeremy and I love watching The Office, but with the writers on strike Thursday nights just aren't the same. I'm thinking that Jer and I might have to give Arrested Development a try if this strike goes on much longer.
Okay Lacy. I will go to the library and get them this week! I will let you know. I hope won't disappoint me! Just teasing! :)
*sigh* I miss the office too!
Yes, 30 Rock is hilarious, but not The Office. I was SO lucky the other night when I got on NBC's website and saw there was an episode from the current season that I had not seen (where they try to sabatoge Utica). I laughed so hard. Stupid writer's strike.
I miss The Office, too. I also miss your Halloween outfits.
Post a Comment