Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ramblings

The rain persists and Reagan is sleeping. I thought I would post some of my thoughts.

1. I am bummed that the Chargers lost. I would have LOVED to see them make it to the Super Bowl and I would have loved even more seeing them end the Patriots winning streak (sorry New Englanders). It has been a long time since I have rooted for a specific team in the SB, so it would have been nice this year to put some meaning into the big game.

2. This one might be TMI for some, but it was too funny not to share. Yesterday Reagan wandered in while I was on the toilet. She assessed the situation, grabbed a fistful of toilet paper, and handed it to me. It was so nonchalant and funny. I also caught her trying to put shampoo on her baby's head and this morning she went to throw something away for me and after she didn't return from the kitchen, I knew I needed to check up. Sure enough, she had grabbed a bunch of cracked egg shells from the trash and crunched them up in her hands. YUMMY! Reagan is a very "see-do" baby. What she sees us or someone else do, she wants to do. If I am dipping my chicken in bbq sauce, she needs to have some bbq sauce on her plate to dip as well. If I am done running on the treadmill, she will go get my shoes and MP3 player and go stomp on the treadmill. I actually caught a picture of this that I will post in the near future. And she loves more than anything to get up on the chair and play with the computer mouse and the keyboard. I know that this isn't the best one, but we still let her. Today I let her do it and ended up needing to close over 100 windows that she opened.

3. American Idol...hoorah! Last week I watched majority of the Philly and Dallas auditions. As usual, they were hilarious and entertaining, but the best part was the judges (namely Simon's) reactions. It's been a week, so I can't remember the specifics, but I believe tonight they are in San Diego! I'll be watching...

4. Last Saturday Matt and I bought Reagan some new pants at Childrens Place. They were so adorable. One was jeans and the other was cargo. I thought they were 2 for 15 dollars. They were actually 15 dollars each. So when I put them on Reagan yesterday morning, I wasn't too disappointed that they didn't fit around her waist. I returned them and ran into a huge sale that they were having! I scored big time. I got her 3 shirts and 2 pairs of pants (that fit) for 15 dollars. The accountant in Matt was very proud of me for returning 2 items for 30 dollars and getting 5 items for 15.

5. Matt always laughs at me because I love to schedule and write things in my planner. I usually consult it in the evenings. He sometimes will sneak in and schedule things for me, like:

7:00 get up
8:00 shower
8:15 do hair

You get the idea. I do not schedule like that, but he teases me anyways. He thinks it is funny. SOOOO, you would think that I would have my dates right? Well apparently not because on Saturday I called to wish my brother a Happy Birthday and he very nicely pointed out that he would enjoy it the next day. I could have sworn that last Saturday was January 20th. I guess it was actually the 19th.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm disappointed in American Idol so far. The auditions haven't been as funny as years past. I guess it's still early though. Did you see the one with that girl that could imitate Britney Spears? She sounded just like her....it was crazy!

Laura said...

I loved this post. And the one with the pictures too. Love it, all of it! Well, except for the part about the Chargers... GO PATS! :)

I loved the insight into your daily life. We seriously need to arrange a visit! Hmm but I guess Rebecca and her man are getting pretty serious... maybe we should start saving up for a ticket to her wedding...!