Thursday, February 05, 2009

Baby Shower

Just 10 days after Nolan's birth, my dear friends hosted a shower for me and Nolan! It was such a special night, espeically to have Nolan there in person. My mom was also in town at the time, which was such a treat. I am very blessed with great friends who are really my family out here in San Francisco and they really went out of their way. A shower had been planned for January 18th, but then Nolan arrived a little early, so they had to postpone and re-schedule. They spent a lot of work and planning and so thank you to them and to all the wonderful friends who came! The desserts were yummy and I especially thought this was super cute below! My friend Laura was the brains behind this treat and you can read about how she made them here. My favorite ice cream is Thrifty's Chocolate Malted Crunch and unfortunately they went out of business here, so they got a different brand which was really yummy too! Aren't they pretty? This entire dessert was edible...

My mama and Nolan.
Nolan got the cutest things, he sure is going to be stylish:)
I still have a lot of weight left to lose ;) My mom stuffed all the tissue paper in my jacket.

My friend Liz together a group gift and it was so sweet and generous. This last Monday we used it to buy a double stroller! It is a jogger that I never thought I could A) afford and B) find a place to store! But alas, we got it to fit in our little Civic trunk and thanks to the group gift, my accountant husband was able to force back his vomit when he saw how much they cost. Thank you again to fam and friends.

3 comments:

Laura said...

That was tons of fun!

old Loni said...

oh my i cant stop salivating over those treats especially those adorable ice cream cup things! i probably shouldnt be looking at that on an empty hungry tummy! ps..still very pissed about the thrifty chocolate malted crunch going out of business..

Oleole Family said...

It was a great night. I am glad you enjoyed it. And I am especially glad that you were able to get the stroller. It was super fun being a part of it, I would do it all over again in a second!