Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brilliant.

That is the one word that came to mind when I saw tonight's episode of The Office. I spent the first portion furious at Michael that he would not own up to his mistake and when David Wallace marched in and congratulated Dwight, I burst out loud LAUGHING, waking up a sleeping Nolan in my arms. It was hilarious. I really wish, however, that Dwight had continued to get the credit. Michael's facial expressions were great when that happened. I need to rewatch it just for that. I am loving that Kev is finally getting a little romance time. Have you ever heard Brian Baumgartner (who plays Kevin Malone) speak in real life? He sounds NOTHING like Kevin, who has a tendency to speak as if he were mentally challenged. Just one of the reasons I love this show...the acting is superb. Look for a new quote this week, I have many good ones to choose from.

I spent tuesday evening flipping furiously between The Biggest Loser and American Idol. I wanted to watch TBL based on the previews, with Filipe and his outburst and all, but then I saw that AI was doing the songs of Michael Jackson and I LOVE his music, so I had to watch that as well. Another show I am loving: The Amazing Race! Holy cow, this show is addicting and just plain cool to watch. When they showed the castle that inspired Dracula, that was neat. I think it would be so fun to be on that show and live out of a backpack and travel the world. Matt and I talk about how we think we would be good contestants. I have a good sense of direction, Matt is good with people. I think we could do it.

My mom got me hooked on NCIS, thanks mom! I watched a 3 hour marathon a few Saturday's ago when my entire family was sleeping. Reagan was in her room, Matt in our's and Nolan was sleeping peacefully in his bed, which is located in our front room. I had nowhere to go! I didn't want to wake his marathon nap, so I laid on the couch and watched 3 full episodes of this fun crime drama. ADDICTING! But, breathe a sigh of relief, people, because this one I won't be watching faithfully. It is on Tuesday night, same time as TBL and AI, so there is no way I can throw a 3rd show into the mix. Too much flipping channels for me.

I am still watching Food Network, but I do have to be careful because if I see them do chocolate, I start salivating. I am still keeping my distance from chocolate, but it is getting hard, especially when I see my coveted Cadbury eggs in Target. I forgot that I ordered some girl scout cookies from a girl in my ward and they are in my freezer now, calling my name every single night. I finally had 2 cookies last night, and Nolan wasn't fussy, but he did spit up like crazy and was gassing it up all day today. But I do love that channel. I love watching Ace of Cakes and someday I am going to take a cake decorating class and learn to do it well. That is one of my dreams.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I thought The Office was great too. I love Thursday nights.

Another couple good shows to check out: The Closer on Monday nights and Life on Mars on Wednesday nights. Great drama with just the right amount of laughs.

Kristen said...

I bet it wasn't the chocolate, I bet it was the mint. You should stay away from mint.