Ahh, yes, summer is finally coming to a close. I am sad, this has been a fast and eventful summer. But I also love the fall so much, starting with college football, The Office, then the holidays, then January comes and it kinda sucks till around March.

My dear sweet Reagan has kept us on our toes all summer. She never ceases to amaze us with her creativity or make us laugh with her antics. She is in the midst of a 2 week stint of swim lessons. A gal in our ward is fabulous with her and offers 8 lessons for super cheap, so I thought I would give it another try for this summer. Yeah, it is going well if you ignore her kicking and screaming everytime she goes near the pool. Today was a good one though, she stopped crying once she got in the pool and actually put the tip of her face (gasp!) in the water. I cannot find the inner strength to scold her for her hydro fears, though, she gets it from her mom. Here she is preparing for basketball by wearing her dad's shoes and ankle braces.

I have been reading Harry Potter and I am in the middle of Order of the Phoenix. I am addicted, I am eating this up. But it occupies my time as well as my mind, so I need a break for a week or so. I have a hard time falling asleep at night and when I do, I dream about flying on broomsticks or pointing my wand at someone and yelling "
riddikulus!" It is rather ridiculous.
While on the subject of my weirdness, let me tell you of my pizza mishap. I love bbq chicken pizza and I had some leftover chicken the other day, so I though it would be a great use. Matt hates this kind of pizza, so I just decided to do half pepperoni/half bbq chicken. I carefully drew the line down the middle of my crust and put marinara sauce on one side and bbq sauce on the other. And so on. After a few minutes of chowing down, I realized mine tasted disgusting and Matt only ate one piece, when he usually downs like 3. Seconds later, I realized that I had swapped my toppings. The bbq chicken went on the marinara side while the pepperoni was on top of bbq sauce. We ditched our dinner and had an ice cream sandwich instead. Ironically, Reagan loved the bbq sauce pepperoni side and even ate the leftovers.
Oh yes, here is bubs.

Now onto Matt's weirdness. He has this obsession with cutting things on his body and thinks he is a surgeon or something. He once cut a mole off his arm and it bled for months. He would wake up in the morning, his shirt soaked in blood. Then there was the time he dug out his ingrown toenail which became mighty infected and he had to have surgery on it. Now, he has progressed to a new thing: warts. He cut off this wart on his toe, went and played basketball for 2 hours, so this is the result. Yummy.

And here is bubs again, just a little cutie pie sandwiching the nastiness picture above. Actually he is watching Baby Beethoven here, he loves it, just like sis did (does).

Well, we are trying to enjoy the rest of Summer '09, but bring on fall: The Office begins September 17th! Remember Pam and Jim are having a baby, Pam will be completing her first trimester and word on the street is that this cold open for the season premiere is easily in the top 5. We shall see. I am looking forward to this season like crazy. I like the new receptionist and so does Andy ;) Will Dwangela make a comeback? And what of the annoying temp, Ryan?
Of course, NCIS starts up too. I had to quit watching the reruns on USA because frankly, while I can handle dream of flying on broomsticks, the ones where someone is trying to murder me or I dig up human bones in my backyard aren't as fun. So my limit is an episode a week, beginning this season. What will happen with Ziva??
Love you all!
6 comments:
I need to defend my medical practice. I have successfully removed a mole, several ingrown toenails, and wart on my finger. It's amazing the surgeries you can perform with a good pair of nail clippers.
Wow, Matt, I had no idea about your surgeon-like prowess!
...I think I'll stick to the doctor though. ;)
The best part is that he never cleans the nail clippers afterwards. Ironically, Matt once had a hair 3 inches long growing out of a mole on his arm and wouldn't pull it out, go figure
Matt: EWWWWW!
Matt:
You are both manly and repulsive at the same time. Compound W is found at any Walgreen's and is about as cheap as a new pair of socks.
- Wayne
Wow Matt, you be careful!!! That picture makes me feel light headed!!
So good to see you guys are doing well! Can't believe how big the babies are getting! Miss you Lacy!
Post a Comment