Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sensing Gratitude

The author of one of my favorite blogs is participating in a Gratitude Challenge and this weeks post inspired me. It talked about how it is felt through all 5 senses. I think gratitude is the one thing in life that makes or breaks us. Matt is probably the best I have ever seen of someone who exemplifies this. Rather than spending the last 4 months miserable over unemployment and the current state of the economy, we enjoyed our time together as a family and even jokingly called it his "mini-retirement." I have thought a lot about gratitude lately. No matter what is going on around us, there is always something to be grateful for.

Sight. We can never get used to the majesty a sunset can create. Just the mere sight of one gives me chills as I think of the world our Mighty God has created. It simply puts things into perspective.
Touch. I love the little toes on my babies and how they react when they touch something for the first time. Grass, water, or in this case, sand.
Smell. I love the smell of fresh air and since I can't really get a picture of air, I thought this might be the next best thing. Flowers contribute to the perfume of the outdoors, don't they? There really is nothing like a fresh breath of air, whether it be attributed to the fresh cut grass on a summer morning or after it rains. Sound. I love the sound of my children. I love when they talk to me (or coo) in their sweet voices and lately, I cannot get enough of their laughter. Tonight as I sat at the computer, I just smiled as I heard Reagan and Nolan in the bedroom going to sleep and Reagan was making Nolan laugh. I thought my heart would burst.
Taste. Of course I am going to put food. I love it and especially when you have to get creative to get your little ones to eat! Really, I should have put a picture of some chocolate cake or something, but I do like this one. Food comforts the soul.

6 comments:

Michael Family said...

What a great way of looking at things! I love the food one. :)

KT and Lance said...

Wow, I had some catching up to do! You've been busy!

Your getting prety good with your camera! Great pic's fot he kido's! I can't wait to see you guys in a few days!

Anonymous said...

beautiful Lacy! Thanks for sharing! :)

Jeff said...

Somtimes I have to make faces with the food to get Passelly to eat too

Laura said...

Love this post!

stacy said...

Wow you guys have really been up to a lot of fun things the past few months! Lots of fun family memories! Is that a Bob duallie stroller you have? WOW! Did you buy it used or new? That's what i want when kid #2 comes around. It will take a lot of convincing Ryan though. Oh boy we totally need to get together. Can't believe how big Nolan is getting and starting to pull himself up. How exciting! You look great Lacy! I haven't lost any weight in like 3 months, no kidding. I guess I should exercise and eat better. We should at least meet up in Vacaville sometime or something. Its only 1 1/2 hours from here or so. Keep up the fun memories!