Sunday, September 20, 2009

For the Love of September

Well, its finally here!! That month we love so much, September. What a great time of year this is, fall is such a breath of fresh air. It has been an eventful one so far, but lets back up for a minute and take a look at some of August's good moments in our family.



We hit up the Antioch Water Park, such a fun place this is! We had a good time with some other families there. Reagan was no surprise and didn't go near the slides, even the baby one she could go on. Maybe next year. This was especially a good day for me because Matt stayed home with Nolan and it was just me and Reagan. Ahhh, the freedom!! I couldn't believe how easy it was with just one and not a baby either.

An inpromptu dance party in our living room. Here is Reagan doing the robot.


Matt doing his thang.

and another thang.

Nolan and I just stared at them in disbelief.
Reagan got all sandy and dirty at Hogback Island.

She chased Daniel begging for his Sunchips. She's totally crushin.

Matt tried his hand at whatever this thing is...a slolam water ski or something? I don't know, but he got it, that guy!

He impressed us all with his water-skiing skills, even though it had been 10 years!

We took a trip to Contra Loma, another water favorite. Sadly and ironically, most water places are closed now and its supposed to be in the 100's this week!

One night we retreated out and hit up the Lafayette Reservoir. In the almost 5 years here, this was our first time! It was a beautiful place, very scenic and loved by many I could tell.


Photo op with the kids in front of the water and lighthouse.


The 3 mile trail around was much longer, windier and steeper than I ever imagined. I guess I shoulda worn better shoes. And Reagan rode her bike about 1/30th of the way.

Good thing we have that SUV of a stroller. Going up one of the last hills, we had both kids and the diaper bag and Reagan's bike piled up on top. Matt decides to run as fast as he can up the hill. He made it look so easy. I tried going up, but almost went backwards. All the other people around laughed at us and our plight. Good times.

Three little ducks went out to play...
I guess onto September. This is what we have been up to. Falling asleep in random places. I hopped on the treadmill one morning, just minutes after Nolan woke up. My running and the noise of the treadmill put him back to sleep in the most peculiar of positions. I just might be doing this tonight because he has had a hard time sleeping the last couple of days. I think it possibly might be an ear infection? I swear, most of the time they don't, but then sometimes they do. He doesn't feel good, I can tell. Anywho...
the little dude pulled himself to standing ALL on his own!! This is currently his favorite spot to pull himself up. He likes to play with the video game controllers. We also started him on the sippy cup, mostly he just chews on it for now!! But I really don't want to break a bottle habit, so hopefully he gets it before he turns 1!Whats up with this scaly friend?? He was hanging out on our deck, right in the chair Matt was about to sit in. Yikes!! I have been very anal since then about keeping our sliding glass door closed. I do not want to share my bed with him.

Well, that is about it. I need to post some pics of our trip to Utah, it was a really fun time!! Family, be on the lookout!

3 comments:

Michael Family said...

Dude. I know what you mean about the hills on the Lafeyette reservoir. I went with all 3 kids and James REFUSED to walk, so I had to push all 3 of them with my heavy stroller. I am going without James next time.

Melanie Hoopes said...

such a cute fam lacy. I love that you are alway going and doing. Loved the picture of Nolan, what a little stud!

Jeff said...

Looks like an eventful month! Nolan (otherwise known as Logan) looks like a little stud. When Passelly can get a 3 day weekend we want to come up and play!