Sunday, June 05, 2011

Fruit Picking

Just 30 minutes east of us is a little town called Brentwood which is home to a huge foreclosure crisis (what California city isn't, though) and also some of the world's most delicious fruit. We went up there last Friday to pick some of the fruit. We did Maggiore's Cherry Farm first, then picked strawberries at Chan's. Wow, both were so good. The kids loved picking the cherries, but I had to limit it, since we don't actually EAT that many cherries. I probably should have picked another entire box of strawberries, though. They were that good.





The kids each got their own big bucket to carry around. I ended up with Nolan's and he just carried around a bunch of cherries in his fist. Here he is with Zoey and Xander.
Some of the kids: Nolan, Josh, Reagan, Addie, Mia and Olivia.
The best strawberries were out in far left field. We trekked out there with our 25 cent cardboard box and it filled up pretty quickly. I had to remind the kids dozens of times to look for the ripe, RED fruit. Reagan got it, Nolan didn't. There was a sign at the front with a warning of $100 fine for eating the fruit before paying for it. I am pretty sure we owe somewhere in the thousands thanks to Nolan. Good thing we were in left field :)
Nolan licking his fingers.
He kept asking for more "num-nums" in the car, so I would give him berry after berry. He was a mess afterwards. We grabbed pizzas for lunch and headed to Erin's parents home in Brentwood to swim. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast! It wasn't very warm outside, but the jacuzzi was heated, so my kids hung out in there.
Thanks for wowing us, Brentwood! I am looking forward to peach season already :):)

1 comment:

Laura said...

You forgot to mention how, without hesitation, you dove in the water - with your street clothes on - to rescue someone else's child!!! You're still my hero! Thanks a million times over.