
What are the ingredients for getting your kids to run laps? A month ago I would have said nothing can get my children to do that unless you dangle a cookie or popsicle in front of them. However, now I know. Another mom in our stake has organized a running club. During the summer, they meet every Monday morning at a nice park and the kids run laps for an hour. Sounds fun, right?? Oh my goodness, the kids have such a blast. All you need is a punch card and your good. The punch card is key. Our first week I had no idea what to expect. I thought maybe Reagan would make it a lap or two before declaring she was done. I thought good thing they have a playground so Nolan doesn't get too bored because he will NEVER run a lap. Both my kids surprised me, though. Each lap is a quarter mile and each punch card is 20 punches or 5 miles. Reagan finished the entire card the first day! Not even joking, she ran 5 miles. She did get a big blister on her toe from it that has popped and bled all over, causing her extreme anxiety :) Nolan ran a mile and a half, which for a 2 year old, pretty much rocks. We love running club, it is a genius idea.


We went to Six Flags with the Berrett's last week. The kids have so much fun and we love going with friends. My battery died on the camera there, so thanks to Laura for supplying me with some darling pics of the kids. Unfortunately for readers, I am in some of them. Seriously, when did I start looking so old? I blame it on owning a house :)



We are loving summer!
3 comments:
That running club is Amazing! Seriously, I would never guess kids would just takes laps for a whole hours. Good work to Reagan too for 5 miles!!! You are awesome girl! See you guys soon.
Punch cards? What else do you think that would work for?
What a fun idea!
Post a Comment