Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The end of summer is nigh...

Did I forget to mention that we got a trampoline? It was a birthday present to the kids from Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen as well as mom and dad! My kids love it, they are on it every single day. Here are some shots of us the day Matt set it up. Matt and I got some good aerial shots, yes?




A few months ago I painted my table black and I keep promising my mom that I will post a pic. Well, here it is! I am pretty happy with how it turned out, how it looks. It was a lot of work, but it was good prep for painting my kitchen cabinets white. If I can find the time and motivation to do so.
Having a yard this year has been so much better than last summer. It is nice to just turn on the sprinklers or let the kids play in water when the afternoon gets toasty. Sometimes Matt joins in :)

I have to watch this kid! He will get all lazy in the pool and then start to fall asleep.
Even though my birthday was at camp this year, we had cake the night before I left.

This last Thursday my good friends Laura and Nanci held a birthday celebration for me. We had a really great time, and stayed up way too late chatting, eating treats and talking about some really....interesting stuff :) I got some fun gifts, including this one below:Nolan got some random weird infection on his little toe and so Matt turned into a surgeon and tore it up. At first, it seemed worse, but then it got better and now he is happy and running around again :)
Our garden did well this year! If you want cherry tomatoes, come on by. We have tons and tons and no one in my family will eat them :) But boy, the kids like to pick stuff! We got some squash, green beans, and now tons of red peppers....my favorite. We have 2 pumpkins growing that should be ready next month for some early carving, maybe?
Proud parent moment that I was not here to see: Reagan had her first soccer game ever while I was on my way home from camp. She really loves it and is outside practicing all the time. It does make my soccer heart go pitter patter. And she looks adorable in her uniform with the gear that grandma and grandpa got her! Their team name is Blue Dolphins.
This summer I participated in an art class co-op with 3 other moms. The older kids (aka Reagan, not Nolan) got to attend 4 different art classes. Each one had a different theme, such as color, texture or shape. I hosted the last one and it was on lines. It was messy. The kids did splatter paint outside and this was it. By the end, they were covered in paint and I tried hosing it off best I could, but some went home with legs and arms full of paint. I felt really bad about that! But the kids had so much fun, all was not lost.
A quick trip to the mall with my kids and no Matt is never fun. But we went and my kids were awesome! I let them play in Disney store as a reward and then they each got to pick out a sweet treat from Sweet Factory. Luckily, the chose 30 cent suckers :)
Monday was our last running club for the summer. The kids had so much fun doing this!! They had a little potluck of treats afterwards and then presented the kids with medals in a ceremony. Here is Reagan getting her last punch, with her grand summer total of 25 miles!!! YAY REAGAN!Nolan was a running star the last couple of weeks. He really got into it and completed 10 1/2 miles this summer! GO BUBS!!!Reagan with Coach Amy, the brilliant mind behind running club.
Nolan with Coach Amy:
LinkHere are all the running club kids, posing for a last picture on the bridge. Laura and I took our kids to Brentwood to pick peaches. It took about 5 minutes, so we decided to make the trip feel more like an outing by stopping at Rubios for lunch, then HomeGoods across the street :)

I had to retire my running shoes after I wore them to girls camp! They came back with holes, no cushioning and quite smelly :) I really really wanted a nice pair because I am running Ragnar next month. Well, yesterday we happened into Marshalls and I found me a pair of Asics Gel Kayanos for 70 dollars!! YOWZA! I had picked these exact shoes out at Sports Authority for 150 dollars the week before, but Matt said umm.....no way Lacy. Glad he did, because we got a steal yesterday! Happy Running to me!

1 comment:

Michael Family said...

Woah! So much stuff. How fun. I didn't know you were doing Ragnar! And your yard is definitely the party yard now.