We had some fun times with friends the week of spring break. We visited the Lawrence Hall of Science in Berkeley. This was a very hands on place, perfect for my kids. They built towers and homes from sticks, petted random animals and had a lunch overlooking Oakland.
Nolan has asked to go back here since we went a month ago. It looks like we may make a return trip this summer.
We also tried something new...rollerskating! There is a rink in Antioch and it is totally old school and reminds me so much of my middle school days when we went to the roller rink. The thing is....I don't remember skating being this DIFFICULT??? My goodness, my kids looked like newborn giraffes, all legs going every which way. Well, Nolan had the baby ones, so he was good, but Reagan was in tears the first 45 minutes before finally stepping up and showing improvement :)
The jury is still out on whether we will head back here this summer, lol.
Our last place was Fairyland in Oakland. They watched a puppet show, slid down a grassy hill on cardboard surfboards, rode a few rides and played on a pirate ship. Super fun!
2 comments:
Laughing at the roller skating! I feel your pain! My kids were awful and miserable. I wish they would have stuck it out longer---I think I could have been fun. Maybe?
That was such a fun week. It was so nice to be able to spend more time together again. Makes me look forward to summer!
Post a Comment