You know how when you have some sort of life change (new baby, moving, etc.) everyone on the planet asks you how you are doing? I am usually the type to say, "just fine" even when it may not be. I don't know, I guess I just assume most people don't want to hear my baggage or complaints. A few days ago, I started being honest. The truth? This is HARD!! I don't know if I forgot what it was like to raise a baby or being sleep deprived or if I am just getting older. Adding Reagan was pretty easy, Nolan was a bit tougher, but 3 kids has made me feel a bit like I am treading water. We are pretty tired. We have had SO MUCH help, from dozens of meals brought in, friends taking our kids out, my mom was here for 12 days, but I still am just shell-shocked. Many things are different this time around. I have a home to take care of, instead of my little teeny apartment and that is a huge change, folks! We have a schedule of school and swim. We eat more food, do more laundry and my kids have so many more needs!! Yikes!
But at the same time, I do feel this peace in my life because I know this doesn't last forever. I will eventually sleep more. I will catch up on cleaning and laundry (maybe...) and I am sure I will eventually exercise again. My little Miles will only be a baby so long and I won't be able to take this time back!! A year ago, I would have given just about anything to have a baby and here I am. I had one and by golly, I am gonna enjoy it, sleep deprivation and fat booty, too! Just like my dad is quick to remind me when I start complaining, "You asked for this! You wanted it!" Yes, sir I did :)
And since this is why you really check my blog (lol!), here are some pics of my brood, including sweet Miles. Enjoy!
2 comments:
Yeah, it sucks, but it gets better. Hang in there! I am here to help you too!
Three was a hard jump for me too. It's getting easier though. I am also here to help! We love you all!
Post a Comment