Saturday, July 20, 2013

Mom/Grandma comes to visit

My mom flew out to visit and help with Miles when he was just 2 weeks old.  She stayed for almost 2 weeks, too.  This was such a cherished time for me.  You see, I never get my mom to myself!!!  I always have to share her :)  And I really don't mind that because when we go to Utah, it is a blast to get together with all my family and sisters and stuff.  We have a great time.  But this really was a special time for me to just be with my family and my mom.  She calmed us down in a time of chaos.  She brought a peace to our house.  She took my baby from my arms when I just couldn't get him to stop crying.  She walked him around the house at 4am so that I could go back to sleep.  She gave me someone to talk to during this transitional time.  She took the kids to and from school and swim.  We miss her.  I cried most the drive home from dropping her off at the airport and my only condolence was seeing her just a few weeks later for the 4th of July.

In addition to watching the kids while Matt and I saw Mumford & Sons in concert, she also got to see several of her swim meets.  Below is photos from the Woodlands Meet, where she skipped out of her first few races (that is a nice way of saying "chickened out"), but then decided to race her last, which was the backstroke.  She took first in her heat.

This photo makes me laugh because of the sign in the back.  I guess it wasn't the ideal backdrop.


 Coaches are working with her.
 And she is off, the one in the middle!


 One afternoon she did a lemonade stand.  In a single hour, she made $16.  I am not kidding.  She asks all the time to do lemonade stands now.  I wonder why?
 Grandma made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting.  The frosting was amazing and I cannot eat the canned stuff anymore.


 Mom also got to see the 1st grade play, How Does Your Garden Grow?  Reagan was a flower, second row, second from the right.

 Here are the flowers, doing their solo song and dance.  Reagan is third from right.  It was so cute!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love that your mom got to come out and be here during that wonderful, tiring, stressful, yet somehow peaceful transition.