10. Playing basketball in Matt's parents backyard. This is one of Matt's favorite pasttimes when we head home. He and Jeff (his brother) played around a bit, but I have to say...I almost beat Matt at HORSE and that was awesome! Of course, he ended up winning out in the end, but I did hit like 5 shots in a row. With the basketball skills that I have been blessed with, that is a near miracle for me.
9. Reagan got to open some sweet presents for her birthday. She got a bubble blowing machine (below), a "seeking" bag to keep her occupied during church, a Little People car to go with her new dollhouse, a cute backpack (below below) and her very first flashlight.
8. Playing volleyball at Gailey Park with my fam. We have done this a few times and it is really fun. Grandma watched all the youngins (and had her hands full doing so) while my dad watched all the rest of us play ;)
After we were all done, my ear got caught in the net and my earring, a cheap silver stud, came out. Kelly found the stud, but we never did find the back to the earring. It wasn't a big deal, I have tons of backs to earrings I can use, but the funny part was that there was this man in the park that had a metal detector and he saw us looking in the sand. Not even a minute after we left, he was over there searching in the sand, probably thinking I had lost something super valuable, like my ring. We got a good laugh at that.
Who has been drinking Rockstar????
7. Dad got a new grill for Fathers Day. All us kids and mom pitched in and replaced the ancient one that he has been using pretty much since the Colonial times. It was so old and rusted, I can't believe it still cooked meat. Anyways, Landen hooked us up with a deal at Lowe's and Lindsey and Loni supplied a bright pink bow. Our last night in Utah, we barbequed chicken on it and broke it in.
6. My sister Lindsey was married on June 23rd. She was married in the Bountiful Utah temple, then had her reception at The Victorian. Her cake was fantastic. I was glad she got the fondant cake and it turned out better than I thought it would.
Alyssa and Ashlee, my nieces, had a little struggle with who actually caught the boquet. In the end, Alyssa (pink shirt) won out and claimed that she couldn't share with Ashlee because "she gave up."
My sister and dad danced. I have a photo from my reception that looks almost the exact same.
Easton, Ashlee and Autumn in front of the cute pond. They looked for frogs for quite a while.
Reagan and her cousin Emma, who is only 3 months younger, but is about half Reagan's weight.
At the Victorian.
Reagan, Matt and Max.
Matt showing off his assetts.
Eli, Reagan's cousin. He is a month older than Reagan and is every bit as big as her.
This is my entire family, the Roundy's. My parents, my five siblings, four sibling-in-laws, and seven nieces/nephews.
Here are me and my five siblings, horsing around.
Loni, Lindsey, me and my mom, before the wedding.
Matt and I, doing what we now call the "Lindsey-Roland" pose.
This is what my dad was doing prior to the wedding. This was the most relaxed I have ever seen my parents on the morning of one of their kids weddings.
Matt is doing a Reagan face.
Grandma and Reagan.
5. Reagan had some cake on her birthday and she loved it!! This is the cake we made her. The same fantastic cake from Fathers Day with a few differences: I put it in a 9x13 pan and Matt added his own decorations to the top.

4. Water sports at the Rasmussen's. Matt's parents bought a blow-up alligator swim pool for the grandkids and we all watched them play in it. Matt's siblings had as much fun as the grandkids did, especially when the slip-n-slide was brought out. It was a hot day, so the water fun, along with some of Pace's popsicles, made it a great day. Here is Grandma, Reagan, cousin Spencer, and Aunt Lori.
Reagan, Matt, Whitney and Brooklyn playing in the pool.
Matt loved running with Reagan through the Dora the Explorer sprinkler.
Brooklyn lounging on the alligator.
You'll have to check out the video of Melanie, Lindsay and Jeff doing the slip-n-slide.
Loni enjoying her food. Deep down, she was really thinking of all the boys she has kissed.
The groom's family. Roland is the oldest of 6 kids.
Lance enjoying his food. Deep down, he is thinking of all the chicks who wanted to kiss him growing up.
Loren and Max. He wouldn't even tell us how many he kissed...after all, he met Kelly when they were like 12!!!!
Here they are, in their wonderful outfits.
For the food-photogs out there: the variety at GC was unmatched!! ;) Here is one of my dinner plates consisting of bourbon chicken and rice, baked beans, a peach, garden salad, and a taco.
Matt and I with Max. We were without Reagan tonight, so we got the chance to goof off with everyone else's kids.
2. Eating at Lonestar is something we have to do while here. Matt loves their steak and I am hooked on their yams. However, I didn't have a yam this time, I was definitely in the mood for a burger and fries. Matt spent a few hours fixing his sisters computer, which inevitably saved his parents having to take it to be fixed. We were rewarded with a yummy lunch here at Lonestar.
Grab life by the horns.
1. If I had to pick the best part of Utah...family aside...it would be Cafe Rio. This place rocks. I had their sweet pork salad twice. No picture here...it just would never do it justice. Just know that it is the best food ever on the planet and if you are ever in the Utah area, you need to get it. It is what In-n-Out is to California.

Eli, Reagan's cousin. He is a month older than Reagan and is every bit as big as her.3. Golden Corral was the place to be two nights before the wedding. Lindsey and Roland were gifted with a bride-and-groom hat and t-shirt set that they were instructed to wear throughout the dinner.
Grandma and Emma.
Here are some Honorable Mentions:
-Matt, laying in his favorite spot in his home.
Reagan going through the cupboards at both grandparents homes, pulling out everything she could.
No comments:
Post a Comment