Monday, June 04, 2007

San Diego-Bridesmaids Day

We have quite a few pictures from our trip to SoCal and I want to post on our events and the fun things we did, but it is going to take a few posts, so I am doing one at a time!

We arrived in Del Mar on Wednesday afternoon and collapsed at Jenn's place. The drive down was good and despite some traffic in LA, we weren't too frazzled as we arrived. She lives just blocks from the beach and it was so great having her let us board for a couple of days from our trip. We ate at this deli/restaurant called Miltons and we loved the food there. They had an amazing Italian dressing. Reagan enjoyed the rye bread and turkey. Later that evening, I went with Jenn to pick up Lori and Nick from the airport. They stayed at Jenn's place as well, so it was one big party!

On Thursday, it was designated bridesmaid day for us in the wedding party. We spent the late morning at the beach right out in front of the Hotel Del Coronado. It was a sunny day, but the wind definitely was chilly. I still managed a pretty sweet sunburn on the back of my legs, though.
Point Loma is in the very far background.Lori and Jenn hangingWe had lunch at the patio grill right outside of the hotel. I got a hot dog that was really one of the best dogs I have ever had. The whole bridesmaid/maid of honor party: (Right to Left): Jessica with her twin boys, myself, Jenn, Lori, and Kara. After the beach, we went to Horton Plaza mall in downtown San Diego and got manicures and pedicures. This was the first mani/pedi I have ever had and so I had nothing to compare it to, but I was informed by the others that the place was terrible!! Despite the bad service, Jenn and Kara are smiling!
As is Lori!
Jenn and I show off our toes.
Here is Lori, Reagan, and Reagan's three chins! Reagan warmed up to everyone so well; she had a great time begging for food and being held.
Jenn, Lori, and I.

A big thanks to Matt for taking care of Reagan the entire day, as well as Nick for keeping Matt and Reagan company. It was fun to hang out with my girlfriends--it felt like high school all over again!!
Stay tuned for more photos from the rest of our trip!

No comments: