Sunday, August 05, 2007

The week that was – Lacy’s birthday week 2007

I’m posting so that Lacy doesn’t have to post about her own birthday. Here is the week in review.

Tuesday– we went to the temple because Lacy is into spiritual stuff

Wednesday- Martina McBride concert


Way too much estrogen and hicks in one location. I always feel a little bit out of place at these country events especially when I start to worry about brokeback mountain breaking out. Martina was a pretty amazing performer and we had awesome seats. Highlights of the concert include:

  • The couple in front of us making out the whole encore when everyone else was standing up.
  • A fat guy 3 rows up from us singing “I’m a happy girl” at the top of his lungs and dancing around with a lighter
  • Lacy dancing and singing while I just sat their watching – I don’t even pretend try anymore.

Friday- In-N-Out Burger, Waterpark, Olive Garden


Highlights include:

  • Being 20 years older than anyone going down the slides
  • Double double animal style
  • Reagan walking around the pool holding on to the edges as she sang to herself
  • 3 desserts for the price on none- they gave us two desserts and a cake to take home on the house because they forgot about serving us on Lacy’s birthday

Saturday – Bourne Ultimatum and Rollerblading

Highlights

  • Watching a kid sneak into the theatre as we left
  • Lacy having slower roller blades than me

Sunday -Roast and Settlers of Catan

Highlights

  • Breaking our fast
  • Ganging up on Ashlee in Settlers of Catan


3 comments:

Laura said...

Way to spread out the celebration!!!

Ashlee said...

I'm so glad we could contribute to the celebration! What a great week!

Warren said...

Those two year recomends are really helping rashole out. Those new barcodes might hurt you.