Many of you know that my degree is in Food Science from BYU and that my love for food and especially the science behind it has no limits. I absolutely LOVED my program at the Y and my classmates, teachers, classes, everything. A professor of mine, the chair of our program, and my one-time Bishop, Dr. Ogden, had a special project going on that he had been working on for years. It was his sparkling yogurt. He spent many early mornings in the pilot plant of the Eyring Building, perfecting and working on his recipe. At the time I was there, he was really working hard on a sparkling vanilla and a sparkling root beer. Those of us in the Food Science program were lucky enough to be tasters of this fantastic treat. Well, life goes on, you graduate and move away, but I was more than TICKLED to see on the BYU News this morning that Dr. Ogden has finally marketed his yummy sparkling yogurt. It is a General Mills Yoplait Go-Gurt. I am going to buy some today. It is called Fizzix. Basically, it is a carbonated yogurt. It was sold at the Creamery for a few years in the late 90's, if anyone was there at that time. Click
HERE to read the full article.


Aawwwwwwww, I am so proud!
3 comments:
I saw that! How cool that you actually KNOW him!
neat, we'll have to try that. My husband Dan was a food science major too. maybe you know him (super hot.. tall dark and handsome)
That's awesome! What a fun major. I can't wait to try it.
Post a Comment