Friday, November 30, 2007

Birch Aquarium

While in San Diego we visited the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla. Last time I was here, I was a junior in high school oceanography class thrilled for a reason to be out of school. This time, I was with my friends and together, we faced mine and Lori's arch nemesis: fish. To me, fish are like a scary movie that you watch with your hands held over your eyes. You can't leave the room, you have to be there to watch it, but you need to watch by peeking through your hands. This aquarium felt much the same way. I got the chills looking at these freaky creatures, but I just could not look away! I also feel the same way about snakes.Okay, so we did get somewhat close to a fish. We posed inside this shark mouth. Here, Nick rescues Matt from being eaten by the shark. Thanks to Nick, I still have a husband today.
Lori, Jenn and I. Jenn is the polar opposite when it comes to fish. She loves them. A view of the coastline from the aquarium. It was a pretty sunset.
Eating our hearts out at California Pizza Kitchen. We were impressed that Jenn used chopsticks throughout her meal, so Lori gave it a whirl.

Ohhhh, I love BBQ chicken pizza!!

No comments: