Saturday, September 20, 2008

30 YEARS OLD!

Matt celebrated his 30th birthday yesterday! It was a great day for him (I think). He went to work, came home, played with Reagan, then we went to dinner with some friends at Claim Jumper and went bowling!! It was a good time and Matt got to reconnect with an old mission friend who just moved into our ward.

We made a chocolate cake the day before and it was half eaten by the time his actual birthday rolled around. It was a really good one, I may have to post the recipe. Reagan and I made it from scratch!!

In honor of Matt's full 30 years of life, I have come up with 30 fun facts to share about him. Enjoy!

1. Matt irons all the clothing in the home. I guess that is the consequence of his father-in-law being a dry-cleaner.
2. As a youth, Matt worked at Target and also the ice cream shop in Lagoon.
3. Matt never loses his temper or hardly even raises his voice, unless he is losing at sports or video games.
4. When he talks on the phone, he paces around the house, going from room to room.
5. He likes to ride the BART, for it gives him some quiet time and rest before and after work.
6. He would like to have 3-4 children.
7. Matt is extremely low maintenance, so I usually have nothing to get him on his birthday or Christmas since there is nothing he wants or uses.
8. His current favorite (affordable) restaurant is Claim Jumper.
9. His current favorite (unaffordable) restaurant is Flemings.
10. His favorite dessert is lemon bars or chocolate no-bakes.
11. Matt took 10 weeks of paternity leave after Reagan was born! (Not gonna happen with this one, though).
12. His favorite sport is basketball.
13. He is an amazing volleyball player and wishes he had more opportunities to play.
14. We used to occasionally “race” back in Provo and while I would kill him in distance, he would completely waste me in sprints! He is very fast…
15. Matt uses the phrase “That’s what she said” probably more often than Michael Scott.
16. Matt thinks his sister Lori is extremely generous!
17. He values Amy’s opinion on so many subjects and is always looking to her for example.
18. He loves how fun loving and energetic Melanie is.
19. When Jeff moved to SoCal, Matt wanted to move there, too. He would love to live close to his only brother!
20. Matt loves that Lindsay will play video games with him and definitely give him some tough competition.
21. He thinks the world of his parents.
22. From day one, Matt completely fit right in with his in-laws.
23. When Matt asked my dad if he could marry me, my dad “warned” him what I was really like (THANKS, DAD) but also said his only stipulation was that he “treated me well.”
24. Matt has definitely lived up to the above stipulation.
25. Matt has one of the strongest connections to Reagan that I have ever seen in a father-daughter relationship. She is his mini-me!
26. He loves to collect things: sports cards, golf balls, stamps, coins, history books.
28. When Matt gets a cold, the only thing he requests is his mom’s wassail.
29. The semester I met Matt, he was asked out on 13 different dates. I was one of them!
30. He served a mission to Bilbao, Spain and would love to go back someday and visit.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Happy Birthday! Don't worry matt, I walk from room to room when i talk on the phone too, well from living room to bedroom since that's all there is. We can blame it on Dad, after years of watching him do it we really had no choice.

Gunn Family said...

Happy Birthday! I loved the 30 things about Matt! Very cute. He is a great guy and a a fun cousin! Glad you had a great bday!!

Warren said...

I think he needs to wear and outfit likes the picture on casual Fridays.

Warren said...

I think he needs to wear and outfit like the picture on casual Fridays.