Monday, September 08, 2008

I heart September

There are many things I love about September. Labor Day is a nice way to begin because Matt has that Monday off. We went to the Vacaville Outlets and bought Reagan's entire winter wardrobe and some things for the little dude. Even though it was still like 100 degrees, I wanted Reagan to wear her new dress to church this past Sunday since I am sick of seeing her two summer dresses she has been wearing for like a year now. Okay, Reagan in this car is the funniest thing. She always hops in, looks back at me and waves "bye, mom! miss you!" and drives off to the end of the deck, gets out, gets back in, then drives back to me and says "back!" I play along like I have just sent her off to college or something ("take care, Reagan, love you!") and haven't seen her in forever. It's cute. Humongo reason why I like September...seeing THE OFFICE come back on tv. I have been following the updates on Season 5 all summer and this one looks to be good, but....different! I read Office Tally every day and the author of this fansite got to interview Paul Lieberstein (Toby) and Amy Ryan (Holly) and the summary can be found HERE. Warning, it contains spoilers, but it also contains some really, really good material that can get you thinking about the upcoming episodes.
Two things: it starts on September 25th and also...who's missing from the photo below???
I also love the smell of college football in the air. Even though I don't get into it as much as Matt, I still follow BYU and some other teams and I just feel good when I hear the sound of football on the tv this time of year.

I like looking for a Halloween costume for Reagan, even though it is only September. I like to filter through all the second hand stores first to see what I can find. This year I have already gone from having her be Minnie Mouse, to a butterfly, and right now I am pretty intent on staying at the current costume, which is a kitten! Nice and easy, I can do it homemade if need be.

This just isn't a real Rasmussen post without a cheesy photo of Matt. I was trying out the timer on our camera and he happened into it at the exact right moment.
All tuckered out after missing her nap on Sunday.
We had tri-tip on Sunday. Again, I have said before that I am not much of a steak girl, I prefer my red meat in the form of an In-N-Out hamburger, but this stuff was TO DIE FOR! It is that Morton's Steakhouse marinated tri-tip from Costco. Trust me, it was expensive but worth every penny.
Reagan got to spend some time with Adelaide. She missed her! They did chin-ups and hugged.

Reagan's afternoon project. She is obsessed with her diapers, or "minnie's" as we call them here, since they have a Minnie Mouse on the front. I am glad she is obsessed with them because they sure aren't going ANYWHERE anytime soon. This chic won't be potty trained for a looooong time.

6 comments:

Gunn Family said...

Cute post! Your little reagan is too cute!

Lori said...

The diaper picture is priceless, along with Matt's super-cheese!

Nicole said...

Cute pictures!! I'll have to check out those outlets. We love those Morton's tri-tips too. They make a great Sunday dinner, and so easy on the BBQ.

Jeff said...

Reagy is getting so big! We miss her so much you guys need to drive down one weekend to play while its still warm

Wright Family said...

ok is pam missing?!!! What the H? I am so not watching if she is out!!!!!

Ashlee said...

Toby and Pam!?!?

I miss you guys so much. Cutest Regs and Addie. :( :( I can't believe she's talking now.