Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bub's update

Today was Nolan's 6 month check up and he is actually 6 and a half months. We found out his head circumference is still in the twentieth percentile, has since birth. He is in the 67% for height, much higher than last appointment. And he is in the 9th percentile for weight at 15 lbs and 8 oz. That is much lower than I ever expected. Our firstborn has always been like 99% since birth, so this is a first. But all is well and the doc says he is healthy as can be.
We sure do love him around here, our little Noly-bubs, as I sometimes refer to him. He has a HUGE smile and big blue eyes. He loves to laugh at Reagan.


He is obsessed with his toes and is starting to grab at them and play with them. The other day he even managed to reach them up to his mouth and chew a little bit. Yuck, but I guess baby feet aren't that gross.
Reagan adores him. She does get caught red-handed sometimes though, pushing him or hitting him. She likes to test her limits and its funny: I can tell when she has done something to him. I will hear him start crying and run in the room just in time to see her flop down face first onto the couch and not look up. She knows she has done something bad :) She usually gets a small time-out for this behavior. But even through all those episodes, I can see how much she loves and cares for her brother.
Nolan is starting to sit up unassisted, but he still tumbles if he leans over too far.
He loves being on his tummy and is actually getting up on all fours and scooting backwards!! It is really funny to watch him do that. Sometimes when I lay him down to sleep, he will be quiet for a while, so I will peek in and check on him and instead of sleeping, he is up in a crawl position, just trying so hard to move. Soon, buddy!
Weird pic, I know, but his front tooth just popped through a few days ago and it is cool to see if progress a little more down each day. The bottom tooth just popped through yesterday, too. I actually took this pic a few days ago and it has popped out so much more in just that short time.

Nolan is such a big blessing in our lives and our home. He still loves to nurse and he is really starting to like solids too. He likes rice cereal, but only the kind with apples and bananas! He loves all the fruits and veggies we have given him so far, even the green beans which took a few tries :) I am sure looking forward to when he can eat chunks of soft food, because with my kids, the pureed jars of fruits and veggies just don't fill them up enough.
Time is flying too fast!

5 comments:

Jennie said...

He's petite! and so very cute -- these are GREAT pictures. Yes, time flies, I can't believe Nolan is almost crawling.

Wright Family said...

Oh my gosh he looks even more like you. Especially in the pic of him sitting up. Miss you guys!

Laura said...

What a cute little boy. Those pics are great. I especially love that one of Matt and Nolan smiling at each other.
He was rocking on his knees a bit last night over here. What a big boy!

KT and Lance said...

I can't believe he's already sitting up, trying to crawl, and in the eating his toes phase! I haven't even met him!!!!

He is so cute, I can't believe he weighs so little! My kids were always well into the 20 pound range by 6 months!

old Loni said...

oh my reagan and nolan are so adorable! He is so big! Miss you all!
you look like your trying to pick his nose btw haha