Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Reverse Psychology



Reverse psychology is an awesome tool, I don't know if you guys know about it, but basically you can make someone think the opposite of what you believe, and that tricks them into doing something stupid. Works like a charm.

-Michael Scott





RECENT CONVERSATIONS WITH REAGAN:


Reagan: Can I have a sucker?
Dad: Nope, you need to finish your dinner first.
Reagan: I don't want dinner, I want a sucker.
Dad: Nope, dinner first.
Reagan: Sucker!
Dad: Fine, you cannot have your dinner (takes plate away)
(Pause)
Reagan: I want my dinner.



Mom: Reagan, that orange shirt does not match the blue and white striped shorts.
Reagan: I want to wear this!
Mom: It doesn't match; it looks funny.
Reagan: But I want to wear this!
Mom: How about your pretty white shirt?
Reagan: No, I want this shirt!
Mom: Okay, you cannot wear your white shirt.
(Pause)
Reagan: I want to wear my white shirt.



Michael's right. It works like a charm.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow. That is actually helpful excellent parenting advice. You guys should write a book.

Melissa Savage said...

Too funny! We love reverse psychology around here too! That's how I get my 5 year old to do anything!!

Michael Family said...

I need to talk to Matt about how to talk to my kids.

KT and Lance said...

I love the conversations! Classic!

Didn't you just love Wicked! I was the same way when I saw it! Its just so wonderful, the whole thing! I'm so glad you got to get away to see it!

jeanine said...

AWESOME! We do the same stuff to our kids... it's great!

Jamie said...

So funny! :)