Thursday, July 09, 2009

Singing Flag becomes "The Flag"

Why the name change? Just curious.

In honor of the 4th of July, we attended the Flag (used to be called Singing Flag) for the 4th time. A church in Concord puts it on every year. It is a great event. I would lie if I didn't admit that the performances are a little old to me, after the fourth time around. But I love how patriotic it is and I get goosebumps when I hear my favorites: 40 Hour Work Week and of course the salute to all those serving in the armed forces.

Highlights were seeing all the American flags!!
Another highlight was seeing how intently Justin watched the fire engine.
Highlight #3 was Reagan's glow stick not breaking and leaking pink fluid on her like it did last year.
The best highlight was passing around the orange hat.



Reagan enjoys the Singing Flag more and more each year.
The only lowlight was the lazy bums in the matching red camping chairs that didn't want to lower their chairs for the performance because "they didn't have to."

It was a great way to kick off an Independence Day weekend and I always love the fun atmosphere here. Oh yeah, and the fireworks aren't too bad, too.

No comments: