Shock
Nolan was fussy from hunger and as I started feeding him, I said playfully to Reagan, "Regs, why is Nolan so fussy?"
She responded "because you kicked him in the face, mom!"
What a liar.
Love
One of my very best friends gave birth to her first child on Monday of this week. What a sweet day that was! I got to hear the love as her husband, the new father, left us a message on my machine about Noah's birth and the pride in his voice was unmistakable. It was music to my ears! Then I got to see some photos and one was of the new parents gazing down at their child. I must have sat and stared at the picture for a full 5 minutes, I was overwhelmed and reminded about that special feeling. I showed the photos to Matt who said, "Look how ecstatic they are!" A picture is worth a thousand words. Congratulations Lori and Nick!! :):):)
Happy, Funny, Frustration
Nolan has become super de duper attached to me this week. He wants me to either hold him or be around him all day long. At first this made me happy. It is a good feeling to hear someone crying, then start smiling and laughing when you walk into the room. Then that got old and it started becoming somewhat funny...but that didn't last long either. Now I am slightly frustrated. I really can't get anything done unless Nolan is either in my arms or if I am playing on the floor with him. So yeah, not much is getting done. But I still love that kid, separation anxiety and all.
Pride
I was so proud of my Regs the last couple of weeks. We have had colds and fevers galore and Reagan has remained completely untouched throughout the onslaught of germs. Halloween weekend we all had colds, except R. We got over those, then I strangely lost my voice. Then Nolan woke with a fever Monday and we didn't feel too well until Wednesday. Anywho...my point is Reagan was sooo goood during all this. We didn't venture out hardly at all and I had to pay most of my attention to Nolan this week because of his fever. She didn't complain once. She smiled and told me she loved me! Thanks, my little Reagan.
Guilt
I totally love The Vampire Diaries. Yeah, I said it and you can laugh all you want. I probably would if it was someone else. I happened to be bored one evening and the pilot aired. I watched, since I enjoy Twilight, and honestly, I thought it was cheesy and dumb. But I watched the second, the third episode, and so on. And I am so dang hooked. Matt laughs at me and calls it my "soap opera." It pretty much is, since this is my first venture outside the world of comedy tv.
Relief
Our medical benefits start tomorrow. We have not had any medical insurance since October 1st. I have been holding my breath, waiting for that broken bone, that fall that would land us in the hospital paying mega bucks. But all we had was Nolan's doc app't Monday for his fever. Not too bad. Well, so far, I guess we actually have 10 more hours to go.
Excitement
I sure love the holidays. Maybe a bit too much, but I am looking forward to a season at home with my little family. This will be the first year since having kids that we will be on our own for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am already planning our traditions and food and decorations and all that is merry and bright. I can't wait to set out my nativity and read "Snowmen at Christmas" to my kids. And Matt and I get to play Santa this year, can't wait!
2 comments:
Yeah, I can just picture you kicking Nolan in the face. Where do kids come up with that stuff? I love this post!
Lace, that was such a sweet post! I'm so lucky to have had you in my life for the past 14+ years! Can't wait for you to meet Noah in January!
Love ya!
Post a Comment