Monday, November 30, 2009

This is for you, LANCE!!!

Max Hall:

"I don't like Utah. In fact, I hate them. I hate everything about them," "I hate their program. I hate their fans. I hate everything. So, it feels good to send those guys home. They didn't deserve it. It was our time, and it was our time to win. We deserved it. We played as hard as we could tonight, and it felt really good to send them home and to get them out of here, so it is a game I'll always remember."


Hall also said, "I think the whole university and their fans and organization is classless. They threw beer on my family and stuff last year and did a whole bunch of nasty things. I don't respect them, and they deserve to lose."


"Last year at RES my family was spit on, had beer dumped on them, and were physically assaulted on several occasions," Hall said in the statement. "They had to endure extremely vile comments personally attacking my wife, my mother, other family members, and our religion. They had to be escorted to their car by local police."


I probably shouldn't comment too much on this matter since I am a BYU alumni and my brother also played football for Utah. Our family is pretty much split in two. But I will say that if someone attacked my family in that same manner, I would be saying the exact same thing.

Either way, all that matters in the end: SCOREBOARD.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

Well said

KT and Lance said...

Come on, what's a little beer! Nothing like the Lord's University brewing more hatred. All in all, it was an entertaining game. Maybe next year our true freshman quarterback will give us Utes something to cheer about, or at least throw beer on Cougar fans. Just thought I'd try and stir the pot.

Laura said...

Interesting take on Max Hall's "reasoning"

http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=931095

Lacy said...

The beer incident doesn't bother me, that happens all the time, they can deal with it, whether it happened or not.

I think that someone running around a stadium with a blow-up doll that says "Max Hall's mom" on it and simulating crude acts is disgusting and I understand why he feels that way about Utah and fans. I don't agree with everything he said. Not all fans are like that. I know many nice, classy people who attend Utah and many are my own family. I don't hate the entire university like Max Hall claims he does. It is actually an excellent school.

But I do understand why he is so angry. Regardless of what any Ute fansite says, that blow up doll incident happened.

Just sayin.

Rashole said...

All Ute fans are evil and will be thrust down to hell. A great apostasy has taken place at Utah during the last 20 years.

I am glad that our tithing goes to support the Lord's University. You can't go wrong when you follow the brethren.

Laura said...

where's your evidence Lacy? I mean do you have that evidence from a BYU fan site? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but there has to be evidence beyond your word. Third hand accounts aren't that reliable, and who knows if that ute fan is lying, but at least it purports to be a first hand report.

Warren said...

Max is a hero to all.