Tuesday, December 29, 2009

7 Years

Yesterday Matt and I celebrated 7 years of wedded bliss! We got to use that gift card that we have been saving up, thanks a million to Nanci and Ryan for watching the kidlets.

We ate at Flemings in Walnut Creek and it was pretty delish. I was imagining my filet all day and saving my calories. I was also looking forward to dessert and of course, had to order the creme brule, they make it the best. Well, the server comes out after a few minutes and the torch isn't working!! AAAHHH! I told Matt forget about dessert if we can't have that, but he ordered the cheesecake instead. So he brings out this HUGE piece of cheesecake, it has a blueberry sauce on top and white chocolate shavings. It was actually amazing, probably the best cheesecake I have ever had. Well, then the server comes back and slides a creme brule onto the table and tells is the torch is working again and this one is on the house. YUM! So we scarfed that one down, you woulda had no idea we had just finished 12 oz of steak and a huge piece of cheesecake. Even Matt admitted that the creme brule was to die for and the best part of the meal. If you go to Flemings, get it, it won't disappoint.

Well, seven years have come and gone and Matt is truly a saint for putting up with me. I lucked out big time with him.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

so glad to hear the play by play on the divine desserts rather than the bloody steaks =) Happy Anniversary!