I absolutely love the show The Office. Unless you have no idea who I am, you probably already know this. I live for rewatching Seasons 1-3 and every time I do, I wish we could revert back to the funny awkwardness and lovable yet quirky characters that were represented then. This current season has totally been awesome for me, one of the best in a while. I loved the season opener and wedding episode, but last nights ep...probably the worst I have ever seen. This is just my opinion, because apparently, it got really high ratings. I thought the Scotts Tots storyline was way too far-fetched, who in their right mind, even the zany Michael Scott, promises to pay college tuition to a dozen young kids? And the whole Jim/Dwight thing trying to get him fired just isn't funny to me. He has always been a nice guy and now the whole office hates him, except his expectant wife. It doesn't fit. Jim has always been loved by all, the "popular" one, I really hate how they have led his character. And Dwight has always been weird, but not cruel. And now temp is in on it? I really hope they ditch this sitch because I can't handle it.
Matt commented that I laughed more at 30 Rock last night than The Office. He was right!! Did you SEE last nights episode? I was dying, I was afraid I would wake my kids. And I totally love Community and even Parks and Rec is gaining momentum for me.
Venting aside, I will always love The Office. Its kind of like a mothers love, even when my kids are total pee-ons, I still love them to pieces. I feel that way about this show, yep I'm nuts. And I have high hopes for next weeks episode...Secret Santa. The pic below made me laugh, that is a great start. Hopefully they set aside the cruelty for a while and give us some awkward holiday cheer!
4 comments:
I think they're doing the "everyone hates Jim" storyline because he got promoted, so everyone resents it. But I think they need to go back to the good ol' Jim vs Dwight pranks, so Jim is on equal footing again.
30 rock was HILARIOUS.
I agree with the Jim storyline, but they had to mix it up somehow I guess. At least you know in the end Jim will figure out what is going on and come out on top. As for Scotts Totts, I couldn't stop laughing. Perhaps my favorite quote of the year by Michael "I have made a lot of empty promises, but this is by far the most generous."
Secret Santa episode delivered, alright!!!! I just watched it last night (been a little behind) and definitely enjoyed it more than the tuition for tots storyline ... =)
Post a Comment