Friday, August 13, 2010

30 Rock

Wow. You are good at guessing ages. I am exactly twenty-nine.

-Liz, to Jamie, a younger man who asked her out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt brought this 30 Rock quote home to me two days after my 29th birthday. We got a good laugh at it. This post is just a smorgasbord of all that has been happening over the last few weeks. Two things: this summer has FLOWN by and--it has been really chilly. I think this week is starting to warm up. Let's hope!

The next three photos go something like this: Reagan builds a tower of blocks all by herself. "Take my picture, mom!" she says. Then little brother marches over and in one clean swipe, takes it out. He laughs his best Dr. Evil laugh and I swear I almost saw him stick his pinky in the corner of his mouth.


We went to Jelly Belly with friends. We ate lots of beans and I lost Reagan. That was dumb of me. I wanted to complain about how hard it was to watch two kids these days, but I was with my friend who has three kids and is now pregnant with twins, so I kept my mouth shut :)
Blue Goose park in Brentwood with friends.

Music in the Park in Concord. Reagan danced like a crazy woman and because we were in Concord (where families come first) and not Walnut Creek, everyone smiled at her.

Nolan and his friend Seth. They came strutting in, each wearing one of Seth's shoes. It was one of the cleverest things I have seen 1 1/2 year olds do.

Playing in the crab with Addie and Josh.
Now onto the laborous part of our last few weeks. We have worked hard, but it has finally paid off. We have finished some huge projects and I think we can kind of breathe a sigh of relief...for now :) Matt switched all our outlets over to 3 prong. It gives the house a fresh updated look.
I really love the style of our tv stand, but dislike the color, especially against our wood floor. So I painted it. I followed Living with Lindsay's instructions on painting laminate. They are very specific, but it got the job done right and I am happy with the result. After.

Remember our living room? It is huge and we finally finished that this week.We set up one corner as a little kids area. The love playing in here, especially coloring.


Our entryway before we moved in.
Entryway after. Last weekend we spent two entire days finishing the stair. We had to order a stair nose online, then figure out how to put it on over the existing hardwood stair nose. Then getting the baseboard to curve around just right took some time and precision, but I love to come and just look at the finished product and know we did it ourselves. Matt and I, we are such a good team :)


Last but not least, my BEADBOARD! It is done! The dining room isn't quite done yet--as you will see in the pics--but the beadboard is finally done! And we love it.
Before we moved in.
After


8 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

Your house looks freakin' awesome Lacy! Honestly, good work. Completely agree on this summer flying by - and I hope you had an awesome birthday.

Warren said...

Good work Ras. Your house looks great.

Michael Family said...

Love it! I didn't know it was your birthday! What day? Happy birthday, and way to go with that TV stand. It looks great!

Jen said...

Wow .... it looks amazing! Are you guys for hire?

Melissa Savage said...

Wow!! Impressive! Want to come put in beadboard at my house?!!:) Everything looks great!

Laura said...

I agree. You and Matt do make an awesome team! Your house is gorgeous!

Hayley said...

That is way impressive. I am so jealous. The DIY network has been a habit of mine lately and you would put many to shame. Your house is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Awesome house work Lacy! I am super impressed!