Here is Reagan posing before her first day of preschool.

Reagan asked me one day if I would buy her an Ariel dress. I told her she could help me around the house and earn some money and save it up so that she could buy the dress by herself. She was very excited about this idea. She got a mason jar and has been colleting her pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters for a couple of weeks now. She loves to help me set the table. Sometime if I am trying to get something done, like when Matt and I were laying the floor in the bathroom, I asked her to "baby-sit" Nolan till we were done. Certain things are expected, like I expect her to clean her room and brush her teeth without reward, but it has been fun to see her step up and offer to help me more. The other night, she earned some "moneys" for helping wash the cars. She was pretty good with Matt's, but got bored by car 2. She still did great. It may be a few years till she has enough for an Ariel dress, but I am sure mom and dad could subsidize a bit.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010
Just the Kids
Nolan will be 20 months this Saturday and this kid is just a ball of fire and fun. He is always laughing his head off, even when being disciplined. He loves candy and sweets and hates healthy stuff. So he goes hungry a lot ;)
Lately it seems he wants to do everything to keep up with Reagan. If he is kind of getting on my nerves, I will say in a high-pitched voice, "Where is Reagan?? Go find her!!" and he runs off in search of sister. He still has the cutest run, kind of a little shake of the tush back and forth. He is saying a few new words now, but they all sound similar. As his mom, though, I know EXACTLY what he means ;) He says "ball" and "bird" pretty clearly. But now he is saying "yeah" and his latest is "park." He only says "yeah" when I ask him if he wants something he really likes. For instance, "Nolan, do you want a popsicle?" or "Do you want some milk?" usually gets a very enthusiastic "YEAH!" If it is a normal, non-exciting question, he just grunts. Not worth the effort.
He is doing okay in nursery, still cries a lot. But he will adjust I am sure of it.
This kid loves his dad. When we meet Matt for lunch during the week, I always hear that Matt is there before I see him, because Nolan lets out this VERY loud scream/hysterical laugh. When Matt comes home at night, he runs to the door the minute he hears it open. Matt is just a fun dad who plays with his kids all evening. What more could a child want?
I always wanted a son who loves sports and all things boyish and I think that is what I got. I am not trying to brag, but I do have to boast that this kid has an ARM!!! He throws stuff like I have never seen and he can swing a bat with such coordination. Do I sound proud? I am, dangit. I was going to get Nolan a tee-ball set for Christmas, but I found one on clearance at Target, so I picked it up early. Matt said just get it out for him, so we did. Reagan and Nolan have been playing with it outside since Monday. I have a really cute video of him, so I may have to post it if I can. He also loves to kick balls all the time, we just love this about him.
Reagan has grown up so much. Her favorite movie is Shrek, which is hilarious to hear her quote, until she calls Nolan a "big ugly ogre." Then it isn't so funny anymore. She had a really big week this week. She started preschool on Tuesday and just loves it. She has been ready for this for quite some time. She has Mrs. Sonja, whom everyone we know has adored. She also started ballet today. At 7am this morning, she had her leotard, tights and skirt on, ready to go. She waited patiently for 3 hours till we got there :) Her friends Katie and Eliza are in the class, so it is nice she knows other girls. She sounded like she had fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We've got to get our Nolan's together!! They'd have a blast playing ball together!! They'll be the future pitching staff of the A's!!:)
Nolan is adorable! When did he grow up!?
Darling kids Lace...just darling!
Your kids are so darling Lacy! Looks like you are doing really well! :)
Post a Comment