Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Officials

1. Reagan is 'officially' crawling. It took her some time to get it down and she is still gaining speed, but she is doing it! For those who won't see her for a few months, the post below is a video of her crawling. I took it the day she took her first few crawls. She mostly crawls for food and a really really good toy. But today she actually crawled towards me when I called her name!

2. My little sista Lindsey is 'officially' engaged. She is marrying Roland Wright on the 23rd of June. I am so excited for them. It was really cool when my brothers got married and even cooler when I got married. But there is just something different when it is your little sister. I feel like I get to help plan the wedding without being the stressed out bride. I think she is posting more details on her blog when she gets a free minute, so check them out if you want. Oh yeah, and the blurry pic below is of them this last Christmas. It is the only pic I have of them together.
3. I 'officially' did not do well in March Madness. I did awesome my first year and ever since it has been increasingly worse. Beginners luck, I guess. Since North Carolina was my pick to win it, I have no shot of winning it all, but I did pick Florida to be in the championship, so we'll see. Matt stayed up last Saturday night to watch SNL with Peyton Manning as a guest star and he thought the parody of March Madness was hilarious. Here is the video if you want to watch it. I just love Amy Poehler in it!

4. I am 'officially' excited for June! We are heading to San Diego where I get to be a bridesmaid in my friend Jenn's wedding! It will be fun to spend some time with my BFF's and also visit my hometown. It has been a while! After that, we may possibly be on our way to San Juan, Puerto Rico--that is, if Matt works enough overtime hours. So we really won't know until after April 15th. Then we will head to Utah for Lindsey's wedding. And of course, I cannot forget my little girl is turning 1! Even better--she will get to celebrate with all her grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins. So it will be an exciting time!

5. Matt 'officially' knows how to hook in a carseat. Does anyone use a locking clip? We didn't until now. We had never even heard of it. In the last couple of weeks Reagan has been tipping over in her carseat. I have been driving veerrryy slllooowwwly around corners, particularly left turns. And if she started to tip, I would reach my right hand back and hold onto it. Matt doesn't turn as slowly as I do, so she tipped over twice on sunday--on the way to church and on the way home. We we're a little confused...was she getting too heavy? So Matt took the carseat and car over to our neighborhood expert. He is a guy in our ward who is a policeman and specializes in car seat installations. Matt was over there for an hour and a half. He knows more about car seats than he ever thought he would know. Apparently, our neighbor took one look at our seat and said, "yeah, you don't have the locking clip in." We survived without it for 9 months, but apparently Reagan is getting too big now and the centrifugal force is a little too much. Which leads me to my next one...

6. Reagan is 'officially' in the 75% for weight at a whopping 20 lbs and 50% for height. She is a little rolly polly, but a darling one at that. Despite having low iron, she is all healthy and well. Nothing a few iron drops can't fix!

7. I am 'officially' hooked on Dancing with the Stars and American Idol. When my tv is on, it is almost always ESPN, Food Network or The Office. However, both Matt and I have loved these two shows. My favorites on DWTS are Apollo and Laila. I also LOVE to watch the pros perform--they are amazing!! My favorites on AI are Blake and Gina. Oh yeah, and Simon. This week Gwen Stefani was on and I absolutely love her, so it was fun. When is Sanjaya going home? Poor guy.

No comments: