Monday, November 12, 2007

Indoor Fun & Gratitude

I remember this time last year so clearly. The weather has started to cool down a bit and although I really can't complain about California temperatures, we have spent a little more time indoors. It rained some over the weekend and Reagan was getting over a cough and cold last week, so I was straining my brain trying to find ways to entertain her. Last week, I was in another room when I her grunting and complaining from the front room. I went and checked on her playing and found that she had climbed into the blanket basket and couldn't get out. This wasn't very nice of me, but I slyly watched for a few minutes from around the corner where she couldn't see me. It was kind of cute to see her trying to get out and I could almost see the wheels in her head turning while she figured out a way to do so.
Bathtime is still fun time for her. Now, when I say "cheese" or "smile" she does it! I love her big cheesy grin. She has this bath book that she likes to read. When she wants me to read it to her, she lets me know by throwing it to me, getting water everywhere.


I am very grateful for my little Reg's. It is fun for me to look back in time and see where I was a year ago, two years ago, etc. Almost exactly three years ago, Matt and I were settling into the Bay area and our new apartment, Matt was a week into his first job out of college and we were enjoying our surroundings. Almost two years ago, while I was nauseated 24 hours a day, we were finding out that our little person was going to be a girl. We had an interesting Thankgiving that year. I couldn't be around food cooking, so Matt settled for a dinner of rolls and green beans. Exactly a year ago, I was watching little Reagan grow up too fast before my eyes. So much can happen in a year and I wonder today...what will be going on in my life a year from now??? Hmmm...

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Emma will get herself into the same situation as Reagan with the blanket basket. She gets herself stuck in our empty laundry baskets, though. It's so funny to watch them learn new things. I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!

Wright Family said...

reagan is growing up so fast!!!

Wright Family said...

reagan is so cute