Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I finally watched it!

I have always been a huge Dancing with the Stars fan until this season. I think I just got sick of it. That usually happens with reality shows and me. I enjoy the first couple of seasons (i.e. The Apprentice and Survivor) then I just get bored and realize that the producers of the show only pick hot people to be contestants. But now that the so-so's have been weeded out, Matt and I actually tuned into the show last night. Now I can chat with Mom Roundy about it! Here's what I think: I feel like I really SHOULD like Marie Osmond...after all she is from Utah and is Mormon, right? And the Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman is allright, she really tries. But Matt and I both agree there is something about older women who try to be 20 and sexy. Its just gross. We flinched every time Marie shimmied last night and when Jane (aka Dr. Quinn) walked out in that bathing suit...er, I mean, dress...I about died. I wear more to the beach than she did and I am in my 20's. All that aside, those two are mighty good dancers. Jennie Garth was a much better actress on 90210. I just don't like her facial expressions. Those expressions that people do in ballroom dancing (you know the ones I am talking about) can come natural to some and look good, but just not on her. But again, I have to hand it to her...the dancing is good. The soap star Cameron is good too, but I think he may be going home. Matt says he has guns and I say he has crazy eyes. Why does his partner always wear leg warmers during practice?? Let's see...who else? Mel B is good. I think she will win it. She was definitely 'spicy' last night. I actually really like her accent, too. I normally am not fond of the English accent--sorry--but it suits her. I actually enjoyed listening to her speak.

In other tv news...The Office!! Jim in a mustache and Karen...clearly still not over him. I have a strong feeling that we haven't seen the last of Karen. I had a hard time picking a quote from the episode. I enjoyed Michael asking Jim to host the dundies if he doesn't survive and also Phyllis' microwave popcorn quote. Plus Dwight had some pretty good quotes, but they contained bad words, so I guess I shouldn't post them, even though I was ROFL. Rolling on the floor laughing...I got some text message lingo from my sister Loni. Sometimes I steal her phone when she isn't looking and I read all the text messages she has received and sent. I do not understand what the big deal is over texting. Why does Loni's friend, who she just saw 10 minutes ago, text her 'Hey' and that is it? Then Loni texts back, 'Hey' and her friends writes 'What are you doing?' and yada-yada. Seriously, she could easily call her up if she had something important to say, right? I have, however, finally learned finally what LOL and ROFL means. I will throw a few more out there as I read Loni's messages and learn them.

4 comments:

Rashole said...

Dwight Schrute: Yeah come on it would be so badass.
Michael Scott: Mmm maybe. I donno. I donno. Would be badass.

Rashole said...

Stanley: I wasn’t really planning on leaving. All I wanted was a raise. How on earth did Michael call my bluff? Is he some sort of secret genius? Sometimes I say crazy things. [Laughs]

Nathan said...

The dancing is ok on that show, but not spectacular. I am sometimes amazed at how good they look with so little practice time, but I've rarely been wowed by the contestants.

I can't watch the first episodes because the judges mollycoddle the contestants and don't seriously critique them. I think Laura gets annoyed with my constant criticism of the dancers' technique.

Jessica said...

The office continues to make my week. Did you hear about the writers strike in Hollywood? I am not looking forward to watching reruns before filming begins again.