Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Weekend in San Diego

We took a quick trip to San Diego the weekend before Thanksgiving, to surprise Jenn and meet her 2 month old baby, Layla. Nick and Lori were also there that weekend, so they were in on it and helped execute the "Surprise Jenn" plan. Although Jenn seemed more confused than surprised (she thought we would be coming the following week), it was fun to ambush her in Nordstrom's Rack. We had a great time with our friends and have some killer photos to share.

Matt and I (well, mostly me) had a moment of silence as we passed this California landmark. We even stopped for gas at the Magic Mountain Parkway exit just so that I could smell the amusement park air. I think that is the closest I will get to this place in a VERY long time. When Matt and I are retired and 80 years old, we will be all over Xtreme and Goliath.
Not long after we met up with everyone in Mission Valley, we went to get some grub. Reagan almost walked into the mens bathroom.
We have done tons of driving for the last week and a half and Reagan has been an angel 90% of the time. We owe much of it to her new carseat. It cost us an arm and a leg, but has been worth every penny.
The cell phone obsession continues. Nick was really cute with Reagan and she set aside her newfound shy streak for the time being and played happily with our friends.
Our first night there, we ate at Islands Restaurant. It boasts this cool view of the San Diego temple (taken from the parking lot), but boasts even greater hamburgers and cheese fries. I have been hooked on Islands hawaiian burger forever, but I made some new discoveries this time: cheese fries are sensational when dipped in ranch dressing (thanks, Lori) and the yaki tacos are excellent.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

there is an Islands right up the street from us. yeah I will have to go try it. looks like you had a great trip. Babies love the ocean.

Lacy said...

Definitely try Islands. Man, I might have to make a trip to Sacramento area...