Happy Valentines Day!
This is a holiday I did not enjoy until I got married. In fact, before that I actually kind of boycotted it. Here are two fun stories about Valentines days in the past:
*When I was in college, I felt real bad because I did not have a Valentine and at the time, most of my roommates did. So I called up my dad and bawled to him about it. The next day, he sent me some flowers.
*I met Matt in September/October of 2001 and we went on a few dates. Then he never called me again, despite my persistent and slightly embarassing flirting. So I put his face on the backburner of my mind and moved on. He called me up and asked me out again the following February, around the time of the SLC Olympics. We went out, started dating and the rest is history. I received a Valentine that year, just days after our dating resumed. It was some candy hearts wrapped in red tissue paper and signed "Fred." I do not know a Fred. I also did not know who my secret Valentine was. Three months later, Matt was helping me pack up and move out of my apartment when we uncovered the candy hearts. He confessed that he was "Fred" and his sister Melanie had doorbell ditched me with them. I also confessed that I do not like chewy candies and Fred has not bought those for me since.
This is what my munchkin looked like a year ago, on Valentines Day 2007.

Too lazy right now to upload photos, so expect a 2008 photo in the next few days.
Here are a few reasons why this was a good Valentines Day for me:
*I did my step aerobics without the interruption of Reagan crawling under my feet and trying to stand on the step.
*A delicious lunch of suckers and frosted sugar cookies at the Oleole's.
*Husband arriving home earlier than normal with two boquets of flowers (tulips and white daisies), velour clothing, and lime green Crocs for Reagan.
*Continuing the tradition of take-out dinner.
*Finding out that the next new episode of The Office will air on April 10th and is titled 'Dinner Party.' There will be 6 more episodes this season.
*Going running tomorrow morning, rain or shine. I consumed more calories today than probably the rest of the week combined. Also, the sugar is going bye-bye in our home. I have been a sugar addict since Christmas and it has NOT been a good thing.
LOVE YOU ALL!
1 comment:
I'm glad it was such a great day! Your posts are always great at giving perfect little details. LOVE that The Office is coming back!
Post a Comment