9 out of 10 prayers that come out of Matt's mouth contain some sort of quirky comment. I am usually shaking with laughter by the time "Amen" comes. Here are some of the things he has included in his prayers recently:
"Please help us to be more grateful for things that are good for us, such as fish oil." - (this was in response to me begging him to stop taking fish oil supplements because they smell horrible.)
"Please help this meal to do our bodies good and not make us fat." -(this is pretty standard at our blessing of the food.)
"Please bless Reagan so that she can lose some weight." - (this is one that I can totally agree with. Most of you by now realize that our daughter loves food and love to eat a little too much, a little too often.)
"Help Lacy to learn to control herself and not laugh during prayers." - (usually said following one of his standard remarks.)
5 comments:
Mom always told me that Matt didn't really have a personality, i'm glad to see that it is finally starting to shine through!
My kids always say the darndest things during prayers, too. Oh wait, is Matt your husband?!
That is hillarious! Way to be a good example to regan Matt! Occasionally my husband pulls the classic line from Talladega Nights, I start out Our Dear Heavenly Father, and he pipes in with YES?! I lose it everytime! Thanks for the good laugh!
That is too funny...
Holy Crap that is hilarious! That is so funny, I can hardly stand it. I am serious, I laughed out loud as I read it. MAN you guys are funny real people. I guess that is why I like you. SO big OFFICE fans, us too. WE love that show. Kevin laughs literally until he cries. That is followed by going back and watching the funny parts over and over until we can't stand it. We love DVR. I will have to let Kevin know you love that show too. We can't wait till it comes back on. We have started to watch some new shows. We liked Chuck, we started with Pushing Daisies LAME off the our hit list. Oh heck we love love the show LIFE and are hoping like heck it comes back. We also started watching Cashmier Maffia, I know don't tell Matt he might make fun of Kevin, it is like a totally good power to the chic show. We are trying to stick with Prison Break, but that is slowly losing interest for us. We are sticking with LOST bc holy crap I can't leave now, dang it all when a show just keeps you hanging on. I mean I kind of want to be done with it, but you know I love Charlie Fox I know his name is Matthew Fox but I call him Charlie Fox bc I loved him on Party of Five and he was Charlie on that show, he is HOT H.O.T. HOT. But we totally love American Idol, and Biggest Loser, and Survivor those last three are our family shows, oh wait we also watch Deal or No Deal together too. As you can see we have major T.V. issues, it consumes us. We would freak out without cable & the big t.v. Ok so sorry for the long monolog. You are like probably saying HELLO who let this freak in here. I am totally Blog Stalking you. :) See ya Marianne
Post a Comment