Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Easter Weekend

Reagan looked darling in her Easter dress. I bought it a little big so that she can wear it over the summer.

We attended an Easter Egg Hunt the friday before and Reagan sure had a blast...until mom had to pull her away from the candy and food. She enjoyed picking up the eggs and such, but when she discovered that they had candy in them...holy cow. It was a chocolate-fest. Her new word for candy or anything sweet is "num-num." She hands it to me, wanting me to open it up. This morning she found a package of batteries that we bought at Costco last night and the Duracell packaging must look like something sweet because she handed it to me and said "num-num." And was not very happy when I put it away explaining to her that eating batteries would be extremely toxic.
We made chocolate chip cookies on Saturday. Reagan enjoyed that quite a bit and I even let her sample some of the dough.
Easter morning was another chocolate-fest. She found her basket and within minutes had consumed a Snickers Egg, a Reese Peanut Butter Egg, and several Cadbury mini-eggs. That's my girl!
We met Jeff and Selly and Selly's parents in Oakland to have breakfast at Fentons Creamery. Reagan did not like having to wait for our food. It was really fun to see them and we enjoyed walking around the Oakland Temple afterwards. They have a really good time with Reagan and it makes me heart leap with joy to see her bonding with family! We really treasure those moments since we live far away from everyone.
Reagan strutted her stuff in her fancy-shmancy shoes.
Matt and Reagan in the streets of Oakland.
Jeff and Reagan at the temple. I am seeing a pattern here! She loves holding hands and walking with guys.

Jeff pointed out that she was carrying her blanket like Lynus. So funny! Jeff and Selly have the cutest pic of them on their blog if you want to see it.

It was a really great weekend and we had some warm temperatures, which was nice for Easter. It was great to see family and we look forward to seeing everyone else at the end of the month!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I didn't know you could do breakfast at fenton's. I have only ever had sinfully delicious dessert. I love her little Easter dress. I am so excited to have a girl and dress her up cute. Where did you get the flower clips? I have seen some on etsy but they're huge. Those are a good size.

Laura said...

So, I always think that Reagan looks cute, but on Easter she looked especially darling. Everything about her was SUPER CUTE! I loved the dress with the fancy bodice. The little sandals were adorable. And those flower bows you made just about threw me over the edge. Reagan was the perfect poster child of Easter cuteness!