Monday, April 07, 2008

Thoughts

Since our camera is out of commission and the new one isn't slated to arrive for another couple of days, I guess I can just post my thoughts for now and let them take the place of photos.

Conference was great. I was so moved when I got to raise my hand and sustain President Monson. I can hear a difference in his voice now that he is the prophet; its like witnessing the mantel in place. It was so neat to see the solemn assembly. I love hearing the general authorities. I know we should never have favorites, but I just love hearing Elder Holland speak. He speaks with such conviction and I loved his testimony in the last session. I look forward to another conference in 6 months!

Kansas just won. I heard them announce that "One Shining Moment" was going to soon come on, so I went and danced in from of the tv to tease Matt. He locked me out on the deck. Those of you who know Matt already understand this. For those of you who are confused, just know that he takes this song SERIOUSLY and would not miss it for the world. The ball is tipped...

Where is the place to be this Thursday night??? Oh, I know, I know!! Parked in front of your television set, watching The Office. I have been reading up on my office tidbits and news and here are some teasers for the upcoming episodes: something kind of big happens this episode and then some sort of secret is revealed about Pam in another upcoming episode. Ummm...I think that Jan and Michael are heading for a break-up and there is rumor that there will be a spin-off. It has been confirmed that SOMEONE, a series regular, will be leaving the show at the end of the season. My bets are on Jan and that she heads for a spin-off. Ratings suicide? Yeah, I think so. Spin-offs rarely work (Joey, anyone?) and I think The Office is just fine how it is. Again, the spin-off is still just a rumor, so hopefully it will not come to pass.

I hope that tomorrow night's American Idol features some interesting songs. I just haven't enjoyed the themes so far. Maybe I am too young or uncultured or something.

Reagan is talking more. She says "stuck" and "please" along with some other words. I love it. Sometimes I think that I am actually having a conversation with her and it is fantastic. However, she is also pouting more and throwing fits. I guess this is payback for all those times I ran to my room, slamming the door and pouted for hours while growing up. My mom will laugh as she reads this last paragraph.

Love to you all.

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

I can't wait until I can have a convo with Em. And I often think of all the things I did to my Mom growing up too now that Emma does them to me!

Melanie Hoopes said...

I had to laugh picturing the "one shining moment" situation - I think of Matt every year and just have to laugh at how into it he is!

Warren said...

Don't mess with One Shinning Moment! This is sacred to all basketball fans. In comparison this is like Matt doing the running man in front of the TV when Clay Akin or Ruben is singing.

Rebeccah Mildenstein said...

OHHH! I love it when they learn to talk. The most special milestone I love is when they learn to say "I love you mom" and it is understood when they say it! Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about how special it is.

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Holy heck Lacy it is like we are clones of each other. What with the love of Officel,(We're in count down mode) Kevin feels the same way about " One Shining Moment" Every year since we have been together, this time March Madness has been a huge part of our lives. As are all sporting events. The song is accompanied by tears, Kevin's tears, I will usually tear up, but by far more of Kevin crying. I have to admit that the emotions of these players is pretty intense. I love it. The game was very enjoyable as Kevin & my team the Tarheels were knocked out by Kansas in the round before, it was just a great game of ball to watch. I think though locking you out was a bit over the top. Maybe sitting on you on the couch would have been more acceptable. Have you tried the show Eli Stone? We like that, also The New Adventures of Old Christine is pretty entertaining.See Ya