This is the last of our vacation posts. Me, along with anyone who reads our blog, can all breathe a collective sigh of relief. The boredom is over. It is hard work for me because uploading photos takes forever and I hate having to choose--we took over 400 photos between Boston and New York. And I am sure this has been a boring thing to read, but I need to record it for my posterity, okay? :)
Our last day in New York was excellent. The weather was warm and sunny and we didn't have anything pressing that we had to do. We had a list of things to see and stuff, but since we had to leave for our flight at 2:00 PM, we just took in what we could and didn't worry about the rest. Our best decision of the day was going to Empire State Building first thing in the morning. There were fewer people (but still a crowd) and even though we got to bypass most of the lines with our city pass, it was still a full building.
The statue of liberty is in the distance, as well as Ellis Island.

I like this photo of Matt.

The Apple Store was a fun thing to look at. They also had tons of laptops in their that had free internet use.

For Roland. Who does not read our blog, but his wife does. Sponge Bob was made out of legos.

This was the view atop the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The green stuff is Central Park.

Okay, so the Met was cool. We are not big museum goers, as you may have read in my last post, but this one turned out cool. You could spend days in here, but we only had about 2 hours max. We went to the info desk and asked what the best thing to see in 2 hours was. After the incredulous look we got
(how DARE you come here for only two hours?) we told him we liked history and he pointed us to the Egyptian and Roman history section. It was pretty cool. I loved seeing all the Egyptian mummies and artifacts. In this photo below, is a real mummy. It is inside and you can see the dark outline if you enlarge the photo. It was really neat actually.

Matt thought it was hilarious to take photos of me in front of the naked Greek men. I have officially given our blog an R rating.

Perhaps my favorite part of the day in New York was seeing the UN building. While waiting to go through the security checkpoint, we saw some employees filtering in through another line. How cool was it to see, in a matter of minutes, a man from Nigeria, a couple in sombreros and ponchos, an Indian woman, a few Americans, and I am sure others from various nations I couldn't recognize. The feeling in the building was like being in a library, but more respectful and peaceful.
I loved seeing the exhibit at the front entrance called Hard Rain Project. A photographer took a Bob Dylan song and captured photos from all over the world to match the lyrics. It was very moving.

FAO Schwartz was the priciest toy store I have EVER been in. But we got to dance on the keyboard just like Tom Hanks did in BIG!

Our flight back was a good one. I listened to the music provided by Delta, so I got to hear the new Jack Johnson CD, the new Counting Crows, and the entire soundtrack to Into the Wild, which I LOVED because it is all Eddie Vedder. We arrived in Salt Lake City late in the evening so Reagan was asleep, but we had to peek in at her anyways.
Of all the cool sights we saw over the previous 6 days, this one below was the by far the most beautiful! We missed her a lot.
3 comments:
You made me homesick for N.Y., but that picture of your baby sleeping is just so precious. I LOVE seeing my kids after some time away. They seem cuter than I remember.
I love you vacation posts! Jeremy and I are planning a NY trip (in a year or two) and this is like free vacation planning! SOunds like an awesome time!
I'd have to agree with April. I've loved reading your vacation posts. In fact, I'll probably have to come over and see the rest of your 400 photos. :) Frommer's and Rasmussens can lead the way!
Post a Comment