About a week ago, out of nowhere she hopped onto her bike and started pedaling on the deck. So we started taking her outside each day and she has improved vastly. I got a great video of her starting out, but it wasn't uploading onto blogger for some reason. But it is funny because I just watched it today, after taking her out, and she was actually kind of struggling back then. In just a weeks time, she has really gotten it down pat.
Last Saturday was Reagan's first week of soccer. When I say soccer, most people think I am crazy and say, "isn't she 2???" Yes, she is, and trust me, this isn't exactly competitive soccer. It is a parent/child thing and most kids still have no clue what soccer even is. But we shall see what happens as it progresses. They have it each Saturday morning through early December. I guess I am a little biased, but I really hope that she loves this sport! But in the end if she doesn't, while I will be mildly disappointed, she is her own self and I cannot make her like certain things!
She has also hit a fun stage where she wants to do everything I do. This may sound vain, but I seriously love it. In the mornings, she loves to watch me put on makeup and everything I put on, I have to "pretend" to do to her. If I put mascara on, she insists I put it on her. She is like that, right down to the way I do my hair, spraying perfume, putting lotion on. Then comes getting dressed. She seems to think that maternity clothing tops are all dresses. Granted, they do look like them. But now she wants to wear a dress like mom every day. Sometimes I let her put on one, because at the rate she changes her clothing, by 10AM, the dress is usually well under the pile of already-tried-on-clothing for the day.
With the first of October tomorrow, the holidays officially begin in our home. We are looking forward to this month! General Conference is a great way to begin the season, but also we have a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen coming up, a wedding to attend which will allow me to have a reunion with my college roommates, and of course...Halloween!
5 comments:
I can't stand it; I really can't. She reminds me of how I think Kennedy will look at her age. She is so adorable. Go Regs!
her hair is so adorable!! me and cait decided that you need to post pictures of you up..we want to see your belly!! plus you may say your huge but huge to you is barely showing man! also put pics up of her playing soccer:)
Her piggy tail and headband are so cute! I can't believe she can ride a bike! We really need to get Eli one, I just haven't had the patience to do it! I'm with Loni and Cait, we need pic's of you and your belly!
Her piggy tail and headband are so cute! I can't believe she can ride a bike! We really need to get Eli one, I just haven't had the patience to do it! I'm with Loni and Cait, we need pic's of you and your belly!
She is adorable! Doesn't it make you feel important when your 2 year old wants to be just like you! So cute! And by the way I am so jealous at the thought of you guys playing soccer into december! We will be frezzing here!
Post a Comment