Here is why:
*Thursday morning Reagan was on a chair in the kitchen watching me roll out some raw ground beef into meatballs to cook for dinner. I turned my back to wash my hands and when I turned back around, she had ate a big chunk of one of the raw meatballs. E. coli, anyone?
*At 3pm that same day, we headed out in the rain to the store. Reagan kept begging me for a snack (not unusual), but when she wouldn't relinquish even after I promised her one (unusual), I stopped and realized that the last thing she ate was a small bowl of cereal at 7am that morning. Plus a small chunk of raw beef, I guess. She was starving.
*While getting back in the car, I set Nolan down on the ground in his carseat, with a blanket draped over the top to keep the wind and heavy rain off him. After getting the doors open and Reagan inside, I realized the blanket had blown off and he was being pelted with rain.
*On the way home, Reagan started to fall asleep, and I decided she better get food in her tummy beforehand. It was raining and getting out of the car was too big of a job at the moment, so I stopped at the only drive-thru on the way home (Taco Bell) and ordered the only item that was a finger food (cinnamon twists). I am sure it sat well on her completely emtpy stomach :)
It was one of those days and I said extra strong prayers that night that Nolan would start sleeping better at night so that I could be a better and more efficient mother. While I can't say too much about the latter, he is starting to go for slightly longer periods at night (like not every 30-60 minutes).
1 comment:
Love this post. We all have days like this ... good thing they only happen once in a while. Mine is going on a month with only cooking a real dinner three times! Hang tough!
Post a Comment