I love trying out food from other countries. My favorites were the Australian dessert the Berrett's made and the lemon chicken from Guam. Also, this tres leches cake for dessert, that was some good stuff.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Re-living Espana!!
Last night our ward had an activity that spotlighted countries and cultures from around the world. Matt dislayed a table for Spain, where he served his mission. I think he found it slightly exciting to go through some of his old boxes and photos and memorabilia and remember those 2 years he spent there. He didn't care to make a dish, so I thought I would try out one of his favorites from there: spanish tortilla. He calls it some other name, but this is what it is called online:) I think it turned out nicely and Matt said it mostly resembled the real thing in taste. 
I love trying out food from other countries. My favorites were the Australian dessert the Berrett's made and the lemon chicken from Guam. Also, this tres leches cake for dessert, that was some good stuff.
I love trying out food from other countries. My favorites were the Australian dessert the Berrett's made and the lemon chicken from Guam. Also, this tres leches cake for dessert, that was some good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yummy!!!! What was the australian dessert? Thats where my husband served, it would be fun to suprise him with a little mission treat! Looks like you are surviving #2 perfectly!! Hope to see you guys this weekend at the wedding.
The dessert's called pavlova. It's super easy to make and super yummy! We just found the recipe online. I will probably put it on my recipe blog.
Do you still like that country even though they want to try our government for war crimes? Jk, looks like fun, and im jealous I didnt get to try the tortilla. Know that we are thinking of you guys! See you this weekend
What a fun activity!
matt looks like iron man in that picture!! his chest is glowing
Post a Comment